Is there any way to copy a part of text from a document

Hi all
I have a document, which is a user manual. This manual contains a few keywords/acronyms and it’s description in the acronym table. I am trying to summarize and split the document into a few parts using GPT-4. Along with that, I need the keywords that are used in each part to be copied as they are from(with no change in the description) the acronym table. GPT is able to summarize and split perfectly, but it is not able to copy the content from the acronym table. Copying from the acronym table is mandatory because text description contains some special characters which GPT can’t generate.

is there way i can achieve that using GPT-4?

There might be something you could do with your prompt to make it a bit more likely to reproduce text verbatim. Would you be able to share the relevant portion of your prompt? Someone here might be able to help.

However, it must be noted that verbatim output is a persistent problem that many customers have run into, which greatly reduces the utility of the models for this type of work.

1 Like

We have been struggling with this.
A functional approach is to fill the input text with tags (i.e. ID-0, ID-1 after each dot or punctuation sign)

Then you can ask gpt to return the IDs of the selected text instead of a copy of it and it works much better

hope this helps