Interesting prompt ideas

gpt-3 was able to generate guitar tabs, albeit sloppily, when I prompted it with an example. i would be interested in seeing a talented (or even a not so talented) individual attempt to collaborate on a song with GPT-3 as the co-composer. assuming it is capable.

im also curious if gpt-3 can generate ascii art. so far i haven’t found it useful to copy and paste off the internet, the font formatting doesn’t seem to transfer well.

just some ideas to kick around.

3 Likes

This is what I’ve read about that: https://www.gwern.net/GPT-3-nonfiction#ascii-art

2 Likes

very interesting read. thank you for sharing. i would have to agree that openai’s text collection methods do seem to need work. sometimes i get off-completions that read like they were ripped directly from a comment section.

1 Like

I’m also a musician and plan to release songs on a regular basis with GPT-3 as the muse. Staring at a blank page is frustrating as hell.

I’m mostly planning to use it as lyric generator for ideas on second line or a second verse. For instrument I’m trying chord progression generation rather than the tabs as I guess it would give better results.

1 Like

how has that worked for you? anything interesting? i thought about doing chord progressions, too, but I couldn’t imagine it doing anything different from conventional chord progression generators.

1 Like

Nothing too interesting yet. Most songs already use the I–V–vi–IV chord progression, so maybe it doesn’t matter that much :slight_smile: But it can be helpful to have choices on where to go next, and it might work better than generators with coded music theory.

1 Like

maybe if you cranked the frequency and presence penalties up to the max it’ll be forced to get more creative.

1 Like