Integrating DALL-E and other OpenAI tools with ChatGPT

I’m currently in the process of building a plugin and integrating it with DALL-E to generate images.

I’d like to make this as seamless as possible for the users. Ideally I’d like to leverage an OAuth token or any other authorization mechanism from OpenAI so users don’t have to manually input their API keys every time they use the plugin.

Given that ChatGPT and DALL-E are both OpenAI tools and users log in using the same credentials, is there a way to use a single OAuth token (or another similar mechanism) to authorize both tools?

Any help or guidance on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I believe there is currently an implementation of this in Alpha. Some few users (not me) have been invited to test it with a new version of DALL E . So it might be just a case of be patient and wait until it reach the beta phase, considering the experience of Plugins it might not be more than 8 weeks.

Interesting, do you have any more details about this? I was invited to early DALL-E API but did not see anything about this.

Not much, only that I saw in twitter that few users were invited to try the alpha version of it, the same Greg Brockman showed at his TED Talk. I asked a user and he showed me a screenshot of a waitlist but I couldn’t find the link, neither be sure if the screenshot was real.