I encountered a user interface issue in the ChatGPT application where it is not possible to delete a chat session without first selecting it. This limitation affects the usability and efficiency of managing chat sessions.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to the ChatGPT application.
- Identify a chat session that you want to delete without selecting it.
- Try to delete the chat session without first clicking to select it.
- Attempt to click the “…” (three dots) menu for the unselected chat session.
- Look for an option to delete the chat directly.
- The application does not allow deletion of an unselected chat session. The “…” menu is either not accessible or does not provide a delete option for unselected chats.
- Users are required to select a chat session first before they can access the deletion option.
- Users should be able to delete any chat session directly without the need to select it first. This would enhance the UI/UX by streamlining the process of managing multiple chat sessions.
- The “…” menu with the delete option should be accessible for each chat session, regardless of whether it is currently selected.
- This issue impacts user efficiency, especially when dealing with a large number of chat sessions.
- A direct delete option for each chat in the overview could significantly improve user experience.