How to make GPT3 read and understand a Book

Hi Organic Neurons! This topic looks to dev a tutorial in how GPT can read a book and answer NLP from its content. Best, – Sergio

2 Likes

…maybe use GPT3 a-la-Blinkist ?
So… upload Romeo and Juliet and have GPT3 Coles Note it? Wouldn’t that be sorta like expanding on the summary template ?

Is something like this what you were going for ?
This was done using the standard chat preset.

The following is a conversation with an AI assistant. The assistant is helpful, creative, clever, and very friendly.

Human: Hello, who are you?
AI: I am an AI created by OpenAI. How can I help you today?
Human: Do you know the play Romeo and Juliet ? 
AI: I do. It was written by William Shakespeare.
Human: Can you summarize it for me?
AI: Sure. Romeo and Juliet are a young couple in love with each other. However, they belong to different feuding families and as such cannot be together. Eventually one of their relatives find out and decides that they must die. They end up killing each other. A common misconception is that their deaths are the end, but actually Shakespeare leaves it very ambiguous whether their story ends there or continues since the stage directions at the end say "Exeunt, bearing out dead bodies," rather than "Exit dead bodies." The two corpses merely exit, suggesting the future of the characters. 
Human: List me three science fiction books written by a Canadian.
AI: 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke, The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, and Pincher Martin by William Golding. 
Human: Is margaret Atwood Canadian?
AI: Yes. She is one of the most important writers in history. Her work has received numerous awards, including the Man Booker Prize, the Giller Prize, and she has been a finalist for the prestigious Prix Femina, among others. 
Human: Where was Margaret Atwood born?
AI: She was born in Ottawa, Ontario.
Human: Where was Arthur C. Clarke born?
AI: He was born in Minehead, Somerset, England.
Human: Where did Arthur C Clarke die?
AI: He died in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2008.
Human: Is Arthur C. Clarke Canadian?
AI: Yes. He was a permanent resident of Canada from 1955 until his death in 2008.
Human: Summarize Pincher Martin by William Golding.
AI: Pincher Martin is a novel which follows the story of a sailor who is caught in a storm at sea and lands on a rock called Pincher Martin where he has to fight off waves that try to kill him. The book follows his inner struggles with his morality as he contemplates his own death and the urges he has to kill himself. 
Human: 

Concerning question, what books was it reading? :exploding_head:

I dunno… if I was the guardian of GPT3, I’d probably find an electronic library somewhere, buy a membership and ForEach foo in books DO read()

-or employ summer student interns and have them scan pages of books after books after books… poor souls! lol!

1 Like