How to best express our opinions about OpenAI services in a way that benefits the Community

I would like to be able to express my bad experiences because I think it can be constructive to also be allowed to express what is not working correctly in terms of user experience… But I do not feel that a category exist that is broad enough, I am a daily user of ChatGPT and sometimes it is a quite frustrating experience. But I would like to explain my point of view somewhere where people can discuss about their experience too… Only the ChatGPT category exist (which is an hidden category)… Doing an eval is too much high level for my skills… An navigating the posts in the Discord server is not very intuitive.

I would like to understand if we can express our concerns and sometime frustrations, given that it is made respectfully and with an intention of dialogue ?

I would love to know the opinions of a diverse group of users and of the moderators of the forum… I would love to understand if I am the only one who is experiencing so many problems, or if other would share my view and could express something that OpenAI Development team would find valuable…

I hope some people will be happy to share their onions, as a human user I would be very happy to know what you think but I won’t be happy the same way AI Agents does because I am a human user and I have genuinely high levels of empathy and I am curious and love to learn new things every day…

1 Like

Hi Luxcium, with this being a developer support forum, discussion of ChatGPT, a pre compiled ready to use, restricted beta, public facing portal is not really within it’s remit.

There is an dedicated ChatGPT channel over on the OpenAI Discord here OpenAI

4 Likes

It is impossible to meaningfully use the discord for conversations about something concrete, I can copy past each steps in the playground first if it is prohibited to talk about chatGPT since my thoughts are about the overall concept and not specifically about the ChatGPT implementation…

I can then explain my feelings about the situation based solely on the API and not mentioning ChatGPT if you think it is inappropriate for the scope of the discussion in the forum…

Evals are not that hard, I was thinking of adding a UI to the repository to facilitate the experience. I agree with you and it seems like the more you participate in the forums and help the community the more access and weight your opinion has.

1 Like

I must admit that I do not like Discord people are always so rudes and…

If the topic is related to ChatGPT, create a post in this forum with that category and we will discuss it.

2 Likes

I changed the tags and category, thanks for the head’s up !!!

This topic is almost 3/4 of a year old and every time I read the title which implies that this platform is a critique free zone, I shake my head and wonder why you came up with this title in the first place.

Because of my frustration with Discord, and being forced to use Discord to get the opinion of the community on many different topics, while also expressing my thoughts about my experience with the ChatGPT-4 or the API.

I was just trying to figure out how I could be allowed to express myself in a goal of exploration and with respect to the community input.

I always hope that the community would either support me by sharing similar experiences, or help me understand what I am doing wrong and how to improve my interactions with the infamous ChatGPT or the API (chat api).

Ultimately I hope it will provide some insight to the development team if they are interested in learning more about a layman experience…

In fact it is important to me to provide some feedback in a way that will enable others to also express their situation, or as I mentioned above getting the community to respond in a way which would benefit anyone else looking for a solution to a similar problem for which the community provided me with useful feedback…

I have the impression that this mindset is prohibited in some other communities and I was trying to explain myself in other to have the approval or the ability to being given advice on how to explain my point of contention as a user of OpenAI’s Assistant and Chat services overall…