How does knowledge work and the same for actions, API, I mean with examples + my example

Hello

I would like to take two examples to try to understand the logic to understand how to use the knowledge base and action functions, for example:

Chess :
The first of the functions for which I want to use ChatGPT is to serve as a teacher, when I take the transcript of a Youtube video, on chess for example and I give it to GPT3 and I ask it to redo it for me the tutorial for a guy at my level who doesn’t know the tutorial well is really basic. I thought I understood that GPT4 would give me a better tutorial? Except no, otherwise I understood that by creating a GPT it would be even better? How could I do it, just with a good prompt? But then I don’t need to create GPT? I deduce from this that the point of creating a GPT is knowledge? The database ? So my first question is:

• Is it because I’m going to create a small database for him, knowledge? But if I create this small database made up of 10 PDFs, that’s what will make it more intelligent than if I let it fetch fresh and up-to-date information, the 100 billion pieces of data that are available. via web browsing?
  • Can this database be made up of something other than writings? I mean with videos (I watch more tutorials on Youtube than I read, but the problem is that very often YouTubers review, don’t focus on explaining a subject, very often I have a lot questions, very often YouTubers do tutorials on various subjects but the YouTubers are not next to me and are not aimed at someone like me, a beginner).

Weather :

• Would if I do a simple prompt “give me the weather forecast” it not be as precise as if I do a GPTs? I will use this simplistic example to understand clearly. So that I can understand the benefit of using a small database, could you give me examples?
  • So that I can understand how actions work, API, could you give me examples?

Another thing, when I say that GPT4 is not great, regarding the translation, are we told that version 4 is better than version 3, I thought that as a translator it would be better . I speak on forums and groups with English people and I don’t understand, I mean in French we don’t construct most of our sentences in the same way that’s why I don’t understand a lot of things c It’s like with the translations of YouTube video transcripts and I thought that I had pd4 which would give me nice translations compared to free artificial intelligences, but I was wrong. Do you think that by creating a GPT then I could have better results?

Now I would like to ask you a second question regarding APIs.

1. Actions, API:
    So previously I took examples to try to understand what is the point of using PDFs to build a small database in the creation of my GPTs and now I would like to do the same thing to try to understand how the PDFs work. actions, APIs, how these could be useful.
    I have had some ideas for what I would like to do, selling jewelry, but I don’t know if my ideas are correct or if I am wrong?
  • Using APIs for my jewelry business.

What would be the benefit for me to use APIs, actions,
Could you give me examples so that I can understand what this could allow me to do, how it would be beneficial?

learn APIs for a beginner,
I don’t know anything about development
The only time I used an API was that of chatgpt which I pasted into a Google sheet module
I would like to try to understand what are the different ways of using APIs

I would like you to tell me what you think of my ideas then correct me if these ideas are not good and make suggestions to me, for each of my ideas I would like you to first explain to me what the point would be to create a GPT rather than a scenario on n8n? or to use or integrate applications like Google Sheet?

I have around ten ideas and the first concerns SEO and automation. I don’t know how to go about it and I would like to know if my ideas are good and feasible.
I would like to sell on eBay…
my first idea I had regarding automation
an idea would be that my analytical software scans all my listings on eBay then automatically scans me and searches for keywords then changes

The only time I used an API was that of chatgpt which I pasted into a Google sheet module
I would like to try to understand what are the different ways of using APIs

I would like you to tell me what you think of my ideas then correct me if these ideas are not good and make suggestions to me, for each of my ideas I would like you to first explain to me what the point would be to create a GPT rather than a scenario on n8n? or to use or integrate applications like Google Sheet?

I have around ten ideas and the first concerns SEO and automation. I don’t know how to go about it and I would like to know if my ideas are good and feasible.
I would like to sell on eBay…
my first idea I had regarding automation
an idea would be that my analytical software scans all my listings on eBay then automatically scans me and searches for keywords then changes all the keywords automatically without my intervention

Could I sync my inventory between platforms on a Google sheet?

Do you know if there is software that converts files into the correct formats for Marketplaces? I mean I made a CSV catalog for woocommerce
I was wondering if there is software or an application that can allow me to transform in one click, convert, this file with the columns for woo and convert it for Amazon…

So in my case selling jewelry.
Could you give me examples of using APIs, Zik and GPTs and give me a tutorial so that I understand how to use them?

Creation of a GPT SEO.
I have SEO software for eBay called Zik Analytic and I have had several ideas but I don’t know if they are good, I would like to have your opinion and especially if they are feasible?
A first idea would be to redo the titles and descriptions of my listings which are on eBay in

automatic and this thanks to the combination of an action, Zik Analytics API, in the creation of a GPT.

Could with this method I ask, have my analytical software scan all my eBay listings, titles and descriptions then change the bad keywords for better keywords and also redo the descriptions for me thanks to ChatGPT?

I don’t know if this idea is feasible?
I asked the question to ChatGPT4, hoping that its answer would be more complete than GPT3.5, Gemini and Copilot but as I told you previously these answers are very basic, so I am now asking my questions to human intelligence.

And in case this is not possible then I thought of another method which is to search for my keywords automatically for each of my listings
(I mean in my Google sheet catalog there is already a title and a description for each of my listings)
and so that makes the change automatically with the right keywords since I no longer have to reload the catalog (now updated with the right keywords) in eBay.
What do you think about it ?

sorry I used google translate as chatgpt use it

thanks
Cyril

1 Like

In general, for most tasks, GPT-4 should outperform GPT-3 or 3.5. A custom GPT won’t necessarily return better results than what prompting a model like GPT-4 might. GPTs are useful in situations where you have a very specific use case, like fetching the weather in multiple cities simultaneously or walking you through the steps of building a website. A custom GPT can excel in these situations because you can give it specific Actions (like using a weather API to fetch the weather) or a custom knowledge base by uploading related documents (e.g., documents about website creation).

Even so, for certain topics like website creation, GPT-4 might still return better results than your custom GPT.

However, if you run a jewelry business and have documents on your sales techniques, marketing strategies, etc., then building a custom GPT tailored to your use case could yield better results than a general model like GPT-4, which wouldn’t have access to your private documents about your jewelry business.

Hopefully, this clears up why you might choose one over the other. Remember that these models and platforms are still new and have limitations. I say this not to discourage you from building with them but as a reminder to start small and take things one step at a time. This approach will help you get more comfortable using them and show you the current limits of their capabilities.

i don’t understand
could you explain me with screen shot

So as someone suggested, starting small is great.

I would suggest starting out with the google spreadsheet (as opposed to live zik api) to turn your “bad” keywords into “better” keywords.

So how would an LLM know “better” keywords. You must feed it additional information. That information could be some priors OR real interactions with users.

Here’s a rough step-by-step

1. Get Google Spread Sheet loaded into your assistant api.
  2. Create a set of inventory items within the assistant api (may be as threads).
  3. Provide additional information to these inventory items.
  4. Ask assistant api for updated keywords for each inventory item
  5. Update the Google Spreadsheet.
  6. See if the updated keywords looks good.

thank you very much for your answers but the problem is that I have difficulty understanding, it’s theory, could you give me use cases,

I understand that chatgpt is capable of reasoning by inventing tailor-made stories or by solving medical or national education tests?
I thought he could tell me what he thinks of my ideas and possibly if he has any better ones to offer me

What I would like is to use it like a teacher to give me the perfect tutorial, I watch lots of tutorials but the problem is that YouTubers can’t answer my questions

I would like to understand how to use APIs in different applications, GPTs and n8n software
What results can I achieve based on my goals?
First of all, I would like him to give me lots of examples so that I can understand
(this is how I find it easiest to learn, with examples, use cases and above all diagrams, images and maybe even videos because I thought I understood that I can obtained thanks to GPTs)

In my prompts when I want to learn any subject I first tell him what my level is and what my objectives are and I tell him to ask me the necessary questions to give me a perfect tutorial so that I can understand well :

I wanted it to resonate with me too.
(as he can do for example with math exams…) by clearly explaining to me the advantage of creating a GPT compared to simply talking in the chat and also that he explains to me how to use the APIs and actions and why except that these tutorials are as hollow and vague as 3.5 and teach me nothing at all

CREATION OF GPTS
1.knowledge and actions

I ask him to explain to me first of all how we create a GPT, the knowledge and actions functions?
how to use them and why
depending on each question I ask him, each theme
So that I can clearly understand what is the point of adding a small database and actions when creating my GPTs, is this what makes the chat responses, the tutorials , more relevant?
so that I understand well I ask him each time to also give me as many examples, analogies, and above all diagrams, images as possible

why add a small database
while it has access to the Web and therefore to a database of 100 billion pieces of data, which the most advanced human intelligences in the world do not have?

2,ACTIONS AND API
how to integrate APIs into the applications I use and what result I can achieve
also I understood that if I want to use an API in Google sheet then I must use an API key rest in a Google sheet module, as I did with the API key of openai
or the other solution is to use appscript (or appsheet)?
But I would like him to give me examples of use so that I can understand, I watch lots of tutorials on Youtube but I don’t understand anything, YouTubers are not aimed at beginners like me

I only understand with images, diagrams and videos
I therefore ask him to give me lots of examples of use, use cases to fully understand how each of the applications present in n8n works when and why to use each of the no nodes (why one compared to another)
To try to understand the family workflow as an example on the n8n site there are only a few words to explain and I don’t understand

• if I wish to give him access to my site so that he can make comments and improvements,
    do I need to add an action?
    I understood that I could simply give him the link to my site?
    and also for each of the questions that I ask him to explain to me what is the point of using automation software like n8n, again if he could give me examples of use, for my questions but not only
  • I take up the theme of APIs,
    I watch a lot of videos to try to understand how to integrate applications into Google sheet or what it is possible for me to do by integrating several applications together as I did with Google sheet is the chatgpt API except that I did it with a google sheet module,
    I would now like to try to understand how I can do it without a module
    and also I would like to try to understand what is the difference with API integration when I create a GPT, I try to find a site to read examples and therefore understand
    I therefore used the API by creating a key from the playground but there is also the possibility of adding an action when you create a GPT, it is this notion that I have difficulty understanding, what is the difference between the two and above all do you know if there is a site on which I could read use cases, examples of use so that I can understand what it is possible to do depending on one or the other method?

I would have liked the cat to tell me if it would be more relevant to create a small database of these YouTube links of these videos to help him give me tutorials adapted to my level or would he Should you simply create a GPT and give it all the links, all the URLs of the videos?
how can I make these answers more relevant?
there are prompt generators but there is no GPT generator?
there is a Chrome extension that allows me to summarize YouTube videos,
Is there a way to know how this is done so that I can do the same thing and thus understand more how to create GPTs?

and secondly I would like to give him the ideas that I had and my objectives and for him to tell me if my ideas are good or not and possibly to correct them for me (by telling me how to create GPTs, how to and why create a small database, how to use the n8n software, should I use other applications, should I create a GPT agent…)
I wanted to test his intelligence, that is to say that he corrects my ideas in case he has better ideas to offer me

Hello
there is no way to dm you?

Hello
can I dm you?

I have sent you a private message. Feel free to reach out and I’ll keep a better look out for my message board activity.