Help with OpenAI HIPAA Compliance

Hi everyone (and hopefully someone at OpenAI),

My name is Tom. I’m a tier 5 user I love OpenAI and spend a lot of time on the forums. I know the usual measures are to contact sales but I am desperate. I really need HIPAA compliance for my app. I’ve tried switching to azure and their rate limits are suboptimal for what I need - I already have all the usage limits I need here.

If anyone see’s this who can help me, I greatly greatly appreciate it, this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to get going.

Please if you’re going to give hate to me just don’t reply I know this isn’t the right channel and I know someone’s just going to give some remark so please save it, I understand I’m just hoping for some help!

Thanks

2 Likes

You’ll need to follow up with Enterprise sales, and complete the form for Business Associate Agreements (BAA).

(I don’t work for Open AI but I have implemented a HIPAA cloud environment, their will be legal and insurance involved.)

I was going to contribute some snark, but your kindhearted plea has changed my mind. I hope you find the HIPAA compliance you’re looking for.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve contacted sales to no avail. Just hoping someone can miracle me.

Thank you! I’m happy to be here and I don’t want to switch to azure I really like OpenAI and I have a great product I’ve produced but without HIPAA compliance im not sure.

Maybe you can find a third party HIPAA compliant provider that hosts openai solutions on their platform and would host your app?

e.g. if you are really serious about it, try contacting the likes of https://www.hipaavault.com/

and ask if they have an openai offering or would be willing to start one with you.

I’m not sure but either azure has to up their rate limits with me or I need HIPAA compliance. it’s a big struggle right now.

We are able to sign Business Associate Agreements (BAA) in support of customers’ compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Please reach read more in our BAA FAQ: How can I get a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with OpenAI? | OpenAI Help Center

1 Like