Help with Image Prompting with new Dalle?

I have been using Dalle since last year. Last year around December I had made a beautiful stained glass image of butterflies and dragonflies. I wanted to make some more and also tweak them for other themes too. When I put in the prompt I used the last time the image quality was very poor and not as detailed and crisp as it was.

The image on the left i the original image, the image on the right is the new image that was given.

The image is still beautiful but doesn’t have the same detail and quality as the original.

Is there a better way to prompt that would give me results like the original image? This is the prompt I was using: Create a detailed stained glass art depicting a dragonfly with vibrant blue and purple wings, accentuated with touches of orange and red. The dragonfly is centrally placed, framed by an intricate circular design in the background. Surrounding the dragonfly are an array of colorful flowers, including red, purple, blue, and pink blossoms, with lush green leaves intertwined among them. The background features a mixture of soft gradients and intricate patterns, giving the appearance of traditional stained glass windows. The overall style should be bright, bold, and richly detailed, capturing the essence of classic stained glass art.

I have noticed though that it’s just the stained glass images I want to create that have this quality issue. If I try for like an illustrated image it is great quality.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @mizmelzy76,

Here are some tips to help you achieve the high level of detail and crispness you desire:

1. Enhance the Prompt with Detailed Descriptions:
  2. Adding more specific details to your prompt can help guide DALL-E to produce a more accurate and high-quality image. For example:

Create an intricate and high-definition stained glass artwork depicting a dragonfly with vibrant blue and purple wings, accented with touches of orange and red. The dragonfly should be centered in a highly detailed circular design, surrounded by an array of colorful flowers, including red, purple, blue, and pink blooms, with lush green leaves intertwined. The background should feature smooth gradient transitions and complex geometric patterns, inspired by Art Deco. Ensure the image is rendered in ultra-high definition with sharp, crisp details, and avoid any pixelation or blur. Include delicate veins visible on the dragonfly’s wings and intricate petal details on the flowers.

4. **Use Advanced Prompting Techniques:**
  * **Specify Resolution and Quality:**

Ensure the image is rendered in ultra-high definition with sharp, crisp details, avoiding any pixelation or blur.

* **Incorporate Artistic Styles:**

Inspired by Art Nouveau and traditional stained glass techniques, with vibrant and richly saturated colors.

5. **Iterative Prompting:**
  * Start with a basic prompt and gradually add more details based on the results. Analyze each output and refine the prompt to improve specific aspects.
  * Example Iteration:

Create a detailed stained glass art depicting a dragonfly with vibrant blue and purple wings. Ensure the colors are richly saturated and the image is free from any blur.

6. **Negative Prompts:**
  * Use negative prompts to avoid unwanted elements. This helps in refining the output to be more aligned with your expectations.

Avoid any pixelation, blur, or low-resolution elements.

7. **Experiment with Styles and Techniques:**
  * You can mention specific styles or techniques to guide DALL-E towards the desired aesthetic.

Rendered in the style of Tiffany stained glass with intricate and vibrant details.

### Example Enhanced Prompt:

Create an intricate and high-definition stained glass artwork depicting a dragonfly with vibrant blue and purple wings, accented with touches of orange and red. The dragonfly should be centered in a highly detailed circular design, surrounded by an array of colorful flowers, including red, purple, blue, and pink blooms, with lush green leaves intertwined. The background should feature smooth gradient transitions and complex geometric patterns, inspired by Art Deco. Ensure the image is rendered in ultra-high definition with sharp, crisp details, and avoid any pixelation or blur. Include delicate veins visible on the dragonfly’s wings and intricate petal details on the flowers.

By incorporating these techniques, you should be able to improve the quality and detail of your stained glass images. Feel free to experiment with variations and share your results for further feedback!

Best of luck with your creative projects!

1 Like