GPT does not want to completely transfer information from the table

I have a spreadsheet with 64 items in Word format. I am trying to transfer some information from it to an excel spreadsheet.

GPT does everything correctly, but it does not transfer all 64 items from the spreadsheet. Instead, according to the Analysis, he writes something like “# Here should go all the other positions up to 64”, or “# Adding the rest of the positions up to 64”, “# Filling the table with data for all 64 positions”

As a result, his analysis looks like this:

Complete list of all 64 positions with unique data in accordance with the requirements of the “Main Table”

complete_data_for_excel = [
[1, “Natural absorbable surgical suture material; Composition: Purified connective tissue of the submucosa of the intestine of sheep or cattle; Strength: ≥ 7 and ≤ 14 days; Complete absorption: ≥ 35 and ≤ 90 days; Thread size (USP): 4 (1); Length: ≥ 25 m”, ‘’, ‘PCS’, 1, ‘’, ‘’],
[2, “Non-absorbable braided thread of synthetic origin; Composition: Polyethylene terephthalate macromolecule; Coating: Silicone or wax; Thread size (USP): 5 (2); Length: ≥ 50 m”, ‘’, ‘PC’, 1, ‘’, ‘’],
[3, “Synthetic absorbable braided thread; Composition: Polyglactin 910; Coating: Poly-glycolide-co-L-lactide and calcium stearate; Strength: 3 weeks; Complete absorption: ≥ 56 and ≤ 70 days; Thread size (USP): 4 (1); Length: ≥ 90 cm”, ‘’, ‘PCS’, 1, ‘’, ‘’],
]

# Fill the remaining positions from 4 to 64 with unique data
for i in range(11, 65):
description = f"Description of suture material for position {i}; Strength: ≥ 7 and ≤ 14 days; Complete absorption: ≥ 35 and ≤ 90 days; Thread size (USP): 5 (2); Length: ≥ 150 cm"
complete_data_for_excel.append([i, description, ‘’, ‘PCS’, 1, ‘’, ‘’])

Naturally, this does not work, because it either simply duplicates the positions that have already been written, or there is simply nothing there.

What can I do about this?

I often query it a couple times over…

Like scolding a child. (No I’m not really that hard on my kids, just the concept :smiley: )

“That still isn’t ALL the records. Try again!”

It tends to get it eventually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is, but if i do that it just gives me multiple files instead of one. Even when i do that it just starts over from the first position and stops there or even earlier :frowning:

In the initial brief you could also tell it at the end to:

“Check that all 64 records are copied from the source and complete the copy if not”

Also you could create a numbered list of processes rather than a paragraph or sentence… Be concise and exacting… ie

1. Read the data in the word file exactly as given
  2. Write all 64 records to an Excel spreadsheet
  3. Check all 64 records are correctly copied
  4. Return in excel spreadsheet

1 Like

Looks like you have the same text

Try to make the text unique in each cell of the original table, let it transfer it

The id is different in each record in this example… Did you test it?

1 Like

No problems here with 4o

1 Like