Help with getting ChatGPT to filter this table

I have this table that I’d like to filter such that each cell can only appear once in the filtered table:

A B -91
A C -87
D C -82
E F -93
E B -84
E G -82
H C -84
I G -92
I J -90
I K -86
I F -85
L M -86
L N -82
L O -92
L G -96
L J -82
L K -86
L F -88
P G -89
P J -82
P K -81
P F -82
Q M -87
Q N -81
Q O -93
Q G -94
Q K -83
Q F -85
R M -85
R N -84
R O -83
S M -86
S N -89
S O -83

The expected response should look something like this:

A B -91
D C -82
E F -93
I J -90
L G -96
P K -81
Q M -87
R N -84
S O -83

Here are all of my requests so far, all failing to produce the correct response (they all contained duplicates):

1. Given the three columns below (separated by tabs), generate a list of 9 rows where the items in column 1 and 2 are never listed more than once in the response.

2. Given the 3-column table below, generate a list of 9 rows where the items in columns 1 and 2 are never listed more than once anywhere in the response.

3. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where the values in column 1 are unique and cannot show up in any row in column 2; and the values in column 2 are unique and cannot show up in any row in column 1.

4. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where the value in each row in column 1 is unique and cannot be listed again anywhere in the response; and the value in each row in column 2 is unique and cannot be listed again anywhere in the response.

5. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where no value is ever repeated anywhere in the reduced table.

6. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where no value is ever repeated in either columns 1 or 2.

7. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where all cells contain unique values.

8. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows where all cells contain unique values that cannot be repeated in any other cell in the reduced table.

9. Below is a table with three columns. Reduce this table to 9 rows. The value of every cell in columns 1 and 2 in the reduced table can only occur once in the response.

Hi
ChatGPT is a language model trained on common language occurrences. Knowing that I have to wonder if what you are trying to achieve would be less common in the text given the superiority of spreadsheets or code for what you are trying to achieve.

Thinking along that line I then think 2 things.

1. It is unlikely that this is the type of text problem it would encounter.
  2. You would do best to use code rather than a large language model to solve this.

IMHO

Good luck :+1:t3:

1 Like

On your place I would rather ask model to make a program (in Python for example, or even bash) that will solve your problem. Just try to describe what do you want to achieve and it will generate code for that. I think it will be useful and better

1 Like