GPT-3 book writers - want to collaborate on podcasts or something?

sure do you want to discuss that here ior in your discord?

We have written a research paper on using GPT3 to better understand reviews. Not sure if itā€™s a good fit for the discussion here?

Are you looking to promote your work on social media or elsewhere?

I like using GPT-3 to step into fictional works as one of the characters, it works well. It might be fun to use it to do some writing.

yes I would like to do that. Plus, I am also interested in how others are using the API. Sent a DM

1 Like

Thank you. I am most grateful for the podcast you did with Backz T. Future on prompt design for GPT-3. I have ordered your book on natural language and cognitive architecture. I teach both cognitive science and applied data science at Case Western Reserve University. I plan to develop a fine-tuned model for classic style once I master the details of instructing for text completion in a particular style, and would be most grateful for any thoughts or links you are disposed to offer. http://markturner.org. The Chinese translation has just been published. http://redhenlab.org @backzfuture

2 Likes

That sounds really great! You may want to check out my video (and repos) about developing synthetic datasets. This is my primary approach to building finetuned models. Itā€™s way faster than manually curating a dataset and allows for rapid iteration. How to create synthetic datasets with GPT-3 - YouTube

Thanks for the response. I will study your video and repos for developing synthetic datasets. If youā€™d like to give me a way to transfer a small file to you (email, dropbox, wetransfer, scp, . . . ), Iā€™ll send you a pdf of the original book so you can glance at the kind of style that is my target. http://classicprose.com

If Iā€™m not mistaken, you should be able to attach it as a direct message in this forum! Looking forward to seeing what youā€™ve got. My partner is a big fan of classics like the Aeneid, so we talk about this kind of stuff all the time.

Iā€™m certainly down to collaborate! Fairly open later this month.

Iā€™m new to this forum. If I attach a file as a direct message in the forum, does this post it to the world instead of to you individually?

Iā€™m interested and think my partner and I can offer a unique perspective. My partner and I are filmmakers/writers and we created Story Prism as a way to help anyone go from an idea to a finished story quickly. Check out our youtube channel to see some demos of our product.

Weā€™ve found that a lot of our customers have mixed views on AI. They see it as both a threat and a godsend. Many people have reached out to us expressing how this has helped them convey their ideas better on page and other people (mostly those who havenā€™t tried it) have given us a lot of hate because they feel that if they didnā€™t come up with the idea, then itā€™s technically not their own. Some writers are too proud to try out something that will make their life easier.

Part of our mission is to help educate this market by first designing tools that never ā€œwrite for youā€ but act as a ā€œvirtual co-writerā€ who simply helps facilitate your own thinking.

Itā€™s a huge challenge to try and convince some writers, mainly professionals, to see that AI isnā€™t a threat but a new tool that can be used to enhance your work. I suspect this will also be the case with image generation AI once that becomes more widely avaliable.

Technology has lowered the barrier to entry for many fields and AI is speeding up that trend expotentially. Soon, anyone anywhere can write a masterpiece. When that happens, how will creators stay competitive?

In my opinion, the strength of ideas will be the key competitive advantage of the future. Not who you know, not what tech you have or what skills you possess. It will be how good your ideas are and how well you can communicate them.

1 Like

Amazing. Yes, I will say that I see it as a boon. Recently, I set a personal record by writing 30,000 words in one day with the help of GPT-3. would yā€™all like to join my research discord?

1 Like

Yes would love to join your discord group.

:warning::musical_keyboard:**Hello!**:musical_keyboard::warning:

Iā€™d very much like to collaborate with you! I am also experimenting with TTS and NLP datasets and voice models as narrators in various mom profit experiments with radio plays, sci-fi / postapo fiction.
If you need sound effects, soundscapes, ambient/idm/soundtracks or voiceovers, Iā€™m happy to provide whatever you need.
If itā€™s not against the rules of this forum and community, I can share some links to some of my projects.
I am also working on speech synthesizers.
Let me know if you need links, or just send me a message on gmail, messenger or mobile. (+48 513943126)
Best Regards!

-Szymon

ZombieKanapaBandcampCOM
:studio_microphone: :level_slider: :control_knobs: :notes: :control_knobs:

+1 would be interesting to collaborate. On my side, hope you find this useful: I just launched a publishing / bookwriting platform called Livebook AI - for anyone who writes with AI (myself included :).

For OpenAI writers/users especially - use this coupon code to signup free - AIWRITER. Enjoy!

Kevin
Livebook AI Founder

1 Like

This is a good place to call for participants.

https://nimblebooks.com/31_days_of_AI_for_Booklovers