Gboard Acting Up In ChatGPT Android App

It started acting up yesterday or the day before that for me as well. Samsung S23 Ultra.
Updated app v, Same Symptoms as the OP described.
I even thought there was maybe something wrong with the touch screen, but I can only replicate those within the app.

1 Like

Same here. I thought my phone was broken and had to buy a new one. Keyboard bug only happens in ChatGPT mobile app. Have not tried the mobile browser version. Any fix yet?

1 Like

With my experience here this problem will disappear/be fixed without it ever being acknowledged. In due time folks :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Mine does this too, it only started yesterday. The backspacing also is really weird when you hold it down

1 Like

Same issue here. I basically can’t type in the app, key presses don’t register, holding backspace will remove maybe two characters before stopping, you have to tap the backspace hecka times and then re-type very very slowly.

I thought it was gboard and disabled all auto correct and predictive features and it doesn’t change. Keyboard works fine in other apps.

Pixel 8 Pro
Android 14, build 2024060500

ChatGPT

version 1.2024.151
com.openai.chatgpt
versionCode 232
targetSdk 33
minSdk 23
Installed: Mar 22, 2024; 11:00 AM
Updated: Jun 3, 2024; 3:38 AM

Gboard

version 14.1.04.621126403-release-arm64-v8a
com.google.android.inputmethod.latin
versionCode 141527434
targetSdk 34
minSdk 23
Installed: Feb 9, 2024; 8:06 PM
Updated: May 4, 2024; 1:33 AM

1 Like

Yup happening to me too, updated the app a few days ago (I have auto update turned off) and the app became unusable because of this

1 Like

Got the exact same issue. I think problem lies with text input field.

Btw I use the Release version, not Beta.

1 Like

Same here on Samsung Galaxy A55. This makes the app unusable

1 Like

I’m facing the same in my OnePlus Nord 2 and sorted the issue using the process
Give a Try :slight_smile:

Gboard settings > preferences > Flick input sensitivity > set to normal

1 Like

My flick input sense is already at normal, and unfortunately the issue persists.

2 Likes

Same issue, Pixel 8 Pro and using the ChatGPT app. I have to type my prompts and copy them in, very irritating and am also a paying member.

1 Like

Same here, app is unusable at the moment. Pixel 8 pro, Gboard, normal (non beta) app, payed account.

1 Like

Everyone facing this issue, just consider using it on your browser for the time being. It works just fine there.

1 Like

Всем привет. У меня та же самая проблема, только в вашем приложении не работает клавиатура. 2 недели испытываю большой стресс в связи с этим. Было бы очень неплохо загладить вашу вину. Предоставив подписчикам какую-либо компенсацию за потраченное время в работе с сырым сервисом.

1 Like

Same issue. Pixel 7a, Gboard, Fully updated Stable Releases

1 Like

I am here also with Pixel 8 Pro, struggling with a same issue…
Hope they will fix it in the next update

2 Likes

Same here, on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.

1 Like

I also have the same problem on pixel 8pro. It happens with any keys not just the backspace.

1 Like

Same here, Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 5G.

1 Like

Same here, on my POCO M3. Gboard seems like slow to type on ChatGPT app.

1 Like