Fine-Tuning doesn't work with explore plan

I received $2,500.00 in OpenAI credits from the Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub program, but when I try to use the credit to fine-tuning, I get a message Fine-tuning jobs cannot be created on an Explore plan. The old Fine-Tune that was depreciated could be used with Explore plan credits.

1 Like

This might help

Answer: Feed at least the $5 minimum credit purchase into the account using the prepaid credit system when you “start payment plan”. And wait a bit for your payment to process through.

1 Like

We will make sure to update the program to enable fine-tuning right away! But in general, not being able to fine-tune on the explore plan is by design.

1 Like

Why am I still getting the same error even if I have credit and I don’t even see an option to upgrade to a paid plan. I thought buying credit meant, I am on a paid plan

InvalidRequestError: Fine-tuning jobs cannot be created on an Explore plan. You can upgrade to a paid plan on your billing page: https://platform.openai.com/account/billing/overview

Please give it a few minutes, it looks like you are no longer on an explore plan fine-tuning should be available soon (on the order of 5-10 minutes or less). Please ping me if you are still running into issues after that.

So I generarated a new API key and it worked. I don’t know if its waiting or the new key that worked. I am glad its working.

1 Like