Feature Request _ Shared memory between multiple chatGPT accounts

Title: Feature Request — Shared Memory Between Multiple ChatGPT Accounts

I would love to see a feature that allows two or more separate ChatGPT accounts to optionally share a common memory.

For example, my wife and I each have our own ChatGPT account and our own private conversations. However, we could create a Shared Family Memory and choose which information can be shared between us.

For example:

I might tell my ChatGPT something about our family, while my wife tells her ChatGPT something else. Later, when I ask a question, ChatGPT could use the information from our shared memory and say:

“Based on something your wife previously shared in your shared family memory…”

The same concept could be extremely useful for work teams and collaborative projects.

Multiple people could have their own ChatGPT accounts while contributing information, files, decisions, meeting notes, and project knowledge to a shared AI memory.

Privacy would be very important, so users should have control over what is shared, with permissions such as:

  • Private — only me
  • Shared — selected people
  • Read-only
  • Can add/edit
  • Project/Family administrator

This would not mean sharing an account. Everyone would keep their own account, conversations, settings, and private memories, while optionally connecting to a shared memory space.

I think this could turn ChatGPT into something much more powerful for families, couples, teams, and collaborative projects, while still respecting individual privacy.

I would personally find this feature extremely useful, and I think many other users could benefit from it as well.

Thank you!

1 Like