Feature request - copy code improvements

Now that chat gpt 4o is churning out tons of code per reply, I think a couple of tweaks are in order.

Either: a spinner next to the copy code button while its still generating

Or: a copy code button at the end

It’s often way off screen and there is no indication that is still generating unless you’re looking at the bottom of the answer, so there is a lot of scrolling up and down.

Generally speaking I just want to get that code into my clipboard as fast as possible so that I can drop it into my IDE and use GIT to dissect the changes and see if I agree with them.

2 Likes

OR: simply stop uselessly grabbing scroll control away from the user with a script and hidden scroll anchor after all the messages, and let what is being generated be read.

1 Like

Agreed, not only is the ‘Copy’ button up at the top and a pain - but more frustratingly; the ‘Edit’ button is even FURTHER above :mountain_snow:, which is even more of a pain :smiling_face_with_tear: given how useful & frequently used a feature it is … would only make sense that it would be at the bottom.

None the less I resort to zooming out my window 50% and scrolling up from there if that helps any :mending_heart:

I once got it to make hyperlinks that download code directly to a specified directory, all I pressed was “replace file” …I have not been able to replicate it to do that. Now that I am learning the API anything is possible, but if I used the API to generate the amount of code that I do, I would go broke :smile:

1 Like

this has been solved now, the copy code button follows me down as I scroll.

also, i didnt realise when I posted this but there is a keyboard shortcut to grab the last code snippet which is sometimes useful:

Copy last code block

⌘ + Shift + ;