<title>Internal Server Error</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1><p>Internal Server Error</p></h1>

</body>
</html>
) (HTTP status code: 500)

Checked the status in status.openai.com, and it’s green without any problem

Could someone please suggest how to solve this issue, or report to OpenAI team?

2 Likes

Same issue here. It because the file upload service is totally down. I tried using the File id to finetune, it worked. But if I want to upload the training file, it just returned the 500 error

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion @holdonyb . Yes, it seems that the file upload service is down. Sadly I don’t have the File Id yet.
Stuck for almost 2 hours already with this error.

4 hours here. And there is nothing we can do about it. So frustrating!

Problem solved after about 5 hours waiting. Nothing can be done from user end.
Although the status reported in https://status.openai.com/ is green, in fact something is wrong when calling the API (file upload failure)

UPDATE:
It’s not fixed yet, still facing the same problem when trying to upload new file

I’ve seen another post about a similar issue, possibly a server problem that has not yet been flagged, hopefully it will get resolved shortly.

I’m also trying to fine-tune davinci with my customized data, but I keep getting HTTP status code: 500

Congrats, I am still stucked. So now you can use fine_tunes.create API right?

1 Like

Im still stuck at creating fine tunes with the same problem: HTTP 500. Anyone else face the same error as i am? Is this problem come from openai api or my client side :smiling_face_with_tear:

My cmd:
openai api fine_tunes.create -t covid_prepared.jsonl -m davinci
The result on terminal
Upload progress: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 345k/345k [00:00<00:00, 314Mit/s]
Error: HTTP code 500 from API (

Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

) (HTTP status code: 500)

I tried to upload a new file this morning by using fine_tunes.create -t
Still facing the same problem.
It seems that it’s not fixed yet

Everything is fine now. I just tried and all the operations are succeeded.
FINALLY!

1 Like