APIError: Internal server error 500

I’m using Fine-tuning API with gpt-3.5-turbo-0613, but keep getting the internal server error:
APIError: Internal server error {
“error”: {
“message”: “Internal server error”,
“type”: “auth_subrequest_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: “internal_error”
}
}
500 {‘error’: {‘message’: ‘Internal server error’, ‘type’: ‘auth_subrequest_error’, ‘param’: None, ‘code’: ‘internal_error’}} {‘Date’: ‘Fri, 20 Oct 2023 01:34:52 GMT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json; charset=utf-8’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘166’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘vary’:

Any idea how to fix it?

7 Likes

I have the same question, maybe it’s openai’s bug.

2 Likes

OpenAI Status
OpenAI is currently having an elevated API error

1 Like

I have the same problem , but the website is fine , and i don’t know what time it would be fixed.

I also have this problem. Does anyone know what the situation is? Both 3.5 and 4.0 are no longer usable

hi guys, when was it fixed for you all? actually i am also facing issues since last 2 days @johnson407603 @fychen @vjlanguage @msh.demise @1274521429

I’m curious what you would do handle this problem? It seems like 500 are bound to happen occasionally or rarely. Are there any fallback tools you use?

500 is a code typically reserved for “internal server error”.

If you (or OpenAI) break the AI by sending or having it produce things that don’t validate correctly.

Since this topic started with fine-tune, and originated from an internal misconfiguration that was resolved shortly after, it would be a logical starting point for your new issue to receive the exception in your software and read closely the actual message that accompanies the error code from the new situation that you triggered, perhaps with a training file that didn’t pass validation checks, and where the error will explain the example line number where an error was first encountered.

Hi Iam getting this error ; openai.error.AuthenticationError: Incorrect API key provided: =‘sk-A1R******************************************Cxe’. You can find your API key at https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys.
127.0.0.1 - - [24/Jan/2024 16:09:56] “POST /question/2 HTTP/1.1” 500 - "

I even generated a new key and its not reading that key and give the same error again and again
Kindly let me know the soln
Also shows server error on the flask api page

1 Like