Email receipts to billing email address

Not a very exciting one, but it would make my life much easier. I have to manually download a receipt for our Teams subscription and send it to the credit card holder (someone else in my organisation) every month. If I could get the receipt emailed to a ‘billing email address’ every month that would allow me to automate the whole thing so I could spend more time developing ChatGPTs. :slight_smile:

58 Likes

+1 on this request. I’ve searched through OpenAI help section, there’s nothing about the possibility to get an automatic invoice over email. This is a quite standard feature and would help me as a small-medium size enterprise a lot in minimizing administration!

4 Likes

+1
An absolutely needed feature; I am very surprised it doesn’t exist yet.

2 Likes

+1 Very needed feature for efficiency and automation purposes

2 Likes

100% yes to this feature. Just do it!

1 Like

I completely relate to this! It would also be a game changer for me if OpenAI could send subscription receipts directly to our emails. Having them emailed would streamline the whole process and save a lot of time and manual effort each month. This functionality would definitely help those of us looking to focus more on our projects rather than administrative tasks. Looking forward to hearing if others are in the same boat and if there are any temporary solutions to manage this more efficiently. :blush:

1 Like

Hi!

I see that there is now an option to set a email recipient for invoices and other billing related information in:
account settings → settings → billing → preferences

Haven’t tried this feature personally but it appears to be the functionality you are looking for.

1 Like

this only works for the API, not for the regular chatgpt subscription.

I also need this! Quite surprised that a company so “innovative” doesn’t have this in place.

Yeah that would be great.
I searched the docs for you since you rely on stripe.
Maybe that helps… it says

“To enable automated receipts, toggle Successful payments on in your Customer emails settings”

You got this!

4 Likes

Just to make nduitz’s message even more explicit to anyone at OpenAI reading this: enabling email receipts will not require any developer time at all and is just a check box in your Stripe settings.

It’s quite bizarre that you have reminder emails for upcoming renewals enabled via Stripe, but not the emails for the renewals themselves which would have the receipt attached.

2 Likes

yes, this is direly needed. I have many better things to do than to manually grab this invoice. thanks for advancing this swiftly. best. andi

Adding my vote to please enable this through your Stripe account. It will save time for everyone who needs to submit expense reports!

+1 from here, really need this …

+1, insane that it’s not possible

totally agree. Currently can’t easily automate bookkeeping of receipts from the world’s top Ai company :slight_smile:

+1. Absolutely. Silly it’s not already available.

+1, atm. manual work is needed every month to send invoice to our accountant.

+1 trying to spend less time on admin and more time on being proctive

+1, we really need to stop to log in monthly with our admin accounts and send PDF invoices to our accountants. :wink: