Dot calls ignore the selected voice on Android and Windows

Environment

  • Platforms tested: Android and Windows PC
  • Affected feature: Dot voice calls started with the phone button

Bug

I changed the voice in Settings, and the selected voice works correctly when I use Codex. However, when I start a call with my Dot, it uses the default female voice instead of the voice I selected.

The same issue occurs on both Android and my Windows PC.

Steps to reproduce

  1. Open Settings and select a different voice.
  2. Use Codex and confirm that the selected voice works.
  3. Start a call with Dot using the phone button.
  4. Dot speaks with the default female voice instead of the selected voice.

Troubleshooting already tried

  • Tested Dot calls on both Android and Windows PC.
  • Completely closed and reopened the Android app.
  • Started new Dot calls after changing the voice and reopening the app.

The behavior remains the same: Dot calls continue to use the default female voice.

Expected behavior

I would expect Dot calls to use the voice selected in Settings.

Is this a known bug, or does Dot use a separate voice setting? If voice selection is not supported for Dot calls yet, could someone clarify that?

Hey! Dot calls should use the voice you picked in Settings too. Which voice did you pick?

I selected the Rio voice, with the language set to Portuguese.