Does DALL-E 3 have filters or masks?

Hey y’all, I am having some trouble getting DALL-E3 to do my bidding haha. I’m making this GPT that is supposed to convert any image into an impressionistic masterpiece. Problem is, with the new prompting rules it seems almost impossible to get dalle3 to recreate the image with any kind of fidelity. What I’m looking to do is place an impressionist ‘mask’ or overlay on top of the original image - a simple filter I guess. But I havent figured out if dalle has that capability! Any time i modify the prompt it gets a liiiiittle better at being closer to the original image, but its obviously rewriting the prompts for me, and often the images don’t even look close to the source material. Help please!

1 Like

DALLE doesn’t do that at this time - style overlay.

You may want to check out Deep Dream Generator which can “merge” the styles of two images…

1 Like

It just doesn’t do what it doesn’t do.

prompt = “Subject: ballet dancers posing on a beam. Style: romantic impressionist painting.”

DALL-E-2

DALL-E-3

Those are previous examples just from code validation.

I’ll try again on API DALL-E-3, without landscape, without “natural”, with “hd”…

This time, I capture API’s prompt rewrite:

Create an image that reflects the Romantic era and Impressionist style of art from before 1912 with oil as the primary medium. The scene should depict a group of ballet dancers, each of different descent (Caucasian, Hispanic, Middle-Eastern, Black, South Asian, White), portraying a variety of genders. They gracefully pose and balance on a wooden beam. The soft pastel colours and the dappled light conjure up an atmosphere of enchantment and dreams typical of the Impressionist era. The brushwork should be visible but with clarity in the figures’ representation.

A flock of ballet dancers in their natural forest habitat.

3 Likes

This is a great example of the differences between DALLE2 and DALLE3. However, I wonder if the difference in the quality or complexity in the images may not be sometimes related (at least in part) to the prompt rewrites that GPT does…