Dall-E prompts for negative space

Hi,
How can I write prompts that will cause Dall-e to generate images containing negative space? For example, I want my subject in the corner of a room with the walls of the room bare so I can put copy there.
I’ve tried all kinds of prompts, such as “full body” “wide angle” “rule of thirds” “negative space” “corner of room” “lots of clear sky” etc. but the program consistently puts my subject smack in middle of the frame, and even cuts off the edges so I have a hard time extending the image.
How can I get around this?

1 Like

Hi @crabapple :wave:

Welcome :people_hugging: to the community!

I used following prompts:

for white

A minimalist room with a large blank white wall dominating the center of the scene. A man is standing in the far bottom-left corner, leaning against the window on the left, gazing at the large blank wall. The room's middle space is completely empty, emphasizing the vast negative space and minimalist design. The scene captures a serene, open atmosphere with neutral tones, and the wall remains fully visible, highlighting the scale and simplicity of the space.

for red

A minimalist room with all windows and the ground in pristine red, but the large blank wall remains pristine white. The man is standing in the far bottom-left corner, leaning against the red-tinted window on the left, gazing at the large blank white wall. The room's middle space is still completely empty, emphasizing the vast negative space and minimalist design. The serene, open atmosphere persists, with the stark contrast between the red floor and windows and the white wall dominating the space.

3 Likes