Creating a new GPT with action

I have a question regrading the development of a new GPT, adding instructions is clear but when I try to create an action with functions, the model is not interacting with them and I’m getting this error “Error talking to…” even though the endpoint is active and I’m getting a response from postman

I read in the documentation that " To create an Action, you can define an OpenAPI specification similarly to that of a plugin with a few changes listed below. If you have a plugin today, creating a GPT with an action should only take a few minutes.

You can start by [creating a GPT in the ChatGPT UI and then connect it to your existing plugin OpenAPI reference("

so this means that I can only use actions from a verified plugin?
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 16.03.14

2 Likes

Have same issue - in my case the problem was parameter was sometimes too long to be sent via query string.

Did you find a solution to this? I had the same question…if we didn’t get access to make a plugin, can we create actions?

1 Like

Updating here that the problem was with the Schema, what I do now when I change my code is give it back to the chat and ask it to modify the schema

The Schema can take a while getting used to, but once you do, it’s very simple. I say start small. First thing I did when I was learning the Schema, was to write a /version GET endpoint in my API to make sure it returned the JSON with the simple version number.

There are resources out there with example Schemas for more involved GETs and POSTs. Find an action, copy it over and make minor changes to pass the right params to your API. Eventually, you’ll get the hang of it.

I would say DO NOT pass the schema to ChatGPT to have it edit it. The Builder in particular does weird things to Instructions and likely to the Schema. I write my instructions and schema offline, then copy and paste them over so that I never lose them if the builder decides to overwrite them.

this actually means you need tokens in your openai.com account. This is a different subscription than chatgpt plus. I just had this issue with a client. She ran out of her welcome tokens, they expired, then her bot stopped working. I use mine like crazy and I’ve spent less than $2 in 3 months. :slight_smile: so try that, then your api key should work

Wait, what? $2 in 3 months?! How?! What are you using your GPT for?
I have a completion that eats almost $6 a week! I’d love to hear what you use your tokens for and if you don’t mind sharing your tricks to help the community.
Cheers xd: