Connecting to GPTs through API

is it possible to connect to my custom GPTs through an API and have the same web search capabilities.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

To clarify, are you looking to GET or POST data from an API to a GPT, while also ensuring the GPT can use the Web Browsing “Capability”?

Or are you looking to communicate with the GPT via an API?

1 Like

It’s for internal use on our internal company website. I developed GPTs that work perfectly for my use case, but it continues to limit the amount of usage.

I need the web browsing to function exactly as it does when I’m logged into ChatGPT. The prompts are long and specific.

1 Like

essentially, I just need to move the GPTs over to a WordPress site and use my API limitd

1 Like

Ah ok. As far as I know the only way to interact with a GPT currently is on ChatGPT itself. That may change but as of right now you can not “embed” or otherwise share your GPT outside of ChatGPT.

You can create a very similar experience to what you described by not building GPTs but using the OpenAI APIs. The Playground is a good place to start to learn about that. Others may be able to advise on that approach.

1 Like

Have you tried building with Assistants api to create your own GPT?

i was able to get the same functionality with the assistant but does it have the ability to browse the web?

1 Like

The assistants endpoint does not have the ability to access the internet.

It has the ability to call for tool functions that you provide.

1 Like

Hi scott,
Did you integrate gpt into website? I am looking for the best possible solution after acquiring the openAI API key