Codex usage limit is being exhausted extremely fast after recent resets

I’m experiencing unusually fast Codex usage exhaustion on ChatGPT Plus, and the behavior is very different from what I experienced before Previously, I could use higher reasoning levels such as Sol High for much longer coding sessions. Recently, even Sol Medium is exhausting my available usage after only a few short tasks.

My most recent example:

  • Task 1: approximately 2 minutes
  • Task 2: approximately 1 minute
  • Task 3: approximately 1 minute
  • Task 4: approximately 5 minutes

That is roughly 9 minutes of visible Codex work in total, and my usage allowance was exhausted before the fourth task was even completed.

I experienced a similar issue after another recent reset, where only a few tasks totaling around 29 minutes of visible work exhausted the entire usage window.

Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in Codex usage consumption recently?

It would also be helpful if OpenAI could clarify whether:

  • model usage weighting has recently changed,
  • Plus Codex limits have changed,
  • usage metering has changed,
  • or there is currently an issue causing unusually high usage consumption

I am also experiencing the same issue.
Previously I was able to run 3-4 trials of the work I am doing.
Now only 1-2 trials.
Started happening this week