ChatGPT Usage Limits

I’ve been getting the following error that my usage has been exceeded. I’ve been unable to find out if there is a reset time allowing me to continue playing around with chatGPT.

I’ve looked through the FAQ, checked the Usage Dashboard, but haven’t been able to figure out how I can start using chatGPT again.

Many Thanks

You’ve reached your usage limit. See your usage dashboard and billing settings for more details. If you have further questions, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

2 Likes

Based on the error, it sounds like you’re using the API playground (OpenAI API), and not ChatGPT (chat.openai.com). The former lets you try out our language model APIs which developers can build on top of (new users get $18 of free credit for the API – that error is surfaced when you run out of credits, until you add billing information). The latter brings you to the chat interface, which is free at the moment.

Im getting the error on chat.openai.com/chat

2 Likes

Today, I got the same error on chat.openai.com “You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.”

2 Likes

I am getting also the same error about exceeding my quota on chat.openai.com which made me a little nervous.

Also receiving this message.

I’m also getting the message and have no way to set up billing.

“You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.”

​Are they maybe punishing people for not providing feedback but using the system heavily? I know I’m worried I might mark a good response as right even though it might be correct. Only when I’m impressed do I give it its positive feedback and negative when it’s for sure a fact it’s wrong.

2 Likes

I keep getting this error since ~3 days ago on chat.openai.com

You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

1 Like

Mine seems to be working now!

2 Likes

I’m getting this error while trying to use chatGPT API too. Using it with python openai lib.

exactly same. My first query threw a vague error. Then I did 6 queries that were GREAT!!! then it threw an error. If I have hit some usage limits, that would be good to know instead of “ERROR”, as I don’t know what the limits are, where I would see my usage and when does it reset, if ever.

Me too and I haven’t even tried using it yet!?

Does anyone know how many times a second I can call the paid API?

This is for the API. But it doesn’t apply to chatgpt

I got “Too many requests in 1 hour. Try again later.” I’m Plus-User. Well… I just try to re-combine several replies from chatGPT. What’s wrong? I’m a single user with a single account.