ChatGPT prompts ''You've reached our limit of messages per hour. Please try again later''

This error occurred during a chat with ChatGPT, what is going on?

3 Likes

If youā€™re using gpt-4 on ChatGPT, thereā€™s a limit of 30 messages per hour.

1 Like

How to bypass it? (I ate my lunch itā€™s so yummy this is only because of the stupid limit)

3 Likes

hi i have a same problem: when i tries to say He died to complete career he said youā€™ve Reached our limit of messages per hour, please try again, So HOW TO I FIX PROBLEM

ęˆ‘ä¹Ÿę˜Æļ¼Œęžčæ™é™åˆ¶å¹²å˜›ļ¼Œéš¾å—ę­»äŗ†ļ¼Œęˆ‘ęƒ³č®©å®ƒå‡ŗäøŖ代ē éƒ½äøč”Œ

Iā€™m getting this same error code. do you know how the ā€œmessages per hourā€ rate is determined? does it start a timer based on your first message, or does it reset on the hour (9:00, 10:00, etc), or is it a running average?

1 Like

The same situation is happening with GPT3.5 in Japan. I am in trouble because it seems that it has been revised downward from the end of May.

I am curious why buy the plus or the same can not transmit the problem.

1 Like

I thought upgrading my account would fix this. Did I just pay $20 bucks for nothing?

3 Likes

I think now ChatGPT wantā€™s every professional to upgrade.

same problem with the limit affecting chat 3.5. What is the point to pay if you are as restricted as a free account? I think it is time to cancel my Plus account.

3 Likes

So I paid for nothing right now for plus to avoid this limit and it still shows it, putting a chargeback with my bank, some true BS. It happens on 3.5 as well not cool.

1 Like

Same thing hear in the uae I wonder why it has this limit.

Iā€™ve just renewed my chat gpt 4 membership and I canā€™t use either 3.5 or 4ā€¦ Iā€™m getting the same error message on both despite not using it once in about a week. ā€œYouā€™ve reached our limit of messages per hour. Please try again later.ā€ Any ideas?

hi, I have the same problem, and it happens when turning on web access, without web access it works well, but now I try to check something using web access it freezes saying: 196.
Youā€™ve reached our limit of messages per hour. Please try again later. I turned off web access it works!

Yeah, Iā€™m getting the same message at 8AM, I just woke up and within 2-3 random requests and it immediately started giving me ā€œyouā€™re reached our limit of messages per 24 hours.ā€ I havenā€™t even had my morning coffee yet so thereā€™s no way I reached the daily limit! Iā€™m paying $20 a month and I canā€™t get past breakfast!

Also it seems to apply both to 4 and 3.5, 3.5 which I havenā€™t used at all in the past 30 days. Both are shutdown.

I just got ā€œYouā€™ve reached our limit of messages per 24 hours. Please try again later.ā€
I am on a paid account and nowhere near my hourly limit.
I am on a GNAT connection, so my ip address is shared among god knows how many clients at my isp. I suspect that it might be a limitation per ip address rather than per account. If that is the case, they should really exempt paid account from that limitation.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t believe my eyes, my colleague sitting next to me used the free version and still used it normally and he even used it more than me. While Iā€™m subscribed to PLUS and I usually only use GPT 3.5. So you pay for less usage and are limitedā€¦ It doesnā€™t seem to be because of the IP because I use it on my phone and computer, Iā€™ve logged out and logged back in and it still has the same problemā€¦

This might be a reason for me to consider looking for another AI tool or switching back to the free version of ChatGPT (I actually donā€™t use GPT4 as much as I thought I would, Iā€™m always hesitant about unsubscribing from it and this is probably 1 reason). My coworker still uses it normally with free version 3.5 and he seems to try to use it more like heā€™s chatting with his lover to tease me. I hate feeling like Iā€™m an idiot and have to pay for itā€¦

1 Like

I got the same error. I made like 5 prompts this morning working on a big project and now my Super Assistant died. Having a paid account doesnā€™t matter anymore?

I have wrote my first 2 prompts this morning and I already got the limit message. Iā€™m a Plus user. How is that possible?