ChatGPT chat history is gone - please help

I apologize in advance if I’m in the wrong place.

I’m a new chatgpt 4 Plus user and I just logged into my account to find that ALL my chat history is gone. I was using it to write a book and I am SO worried that all my content is now gone forever. I tried using customer support, but the chat bot just led me in circles and would not direct me to a human.

I have also researched this online and have tried doing everything I could find (logging out and back in again, refreshing the page, etc, etc, etc.

I would be EXTREMELY grateful is someone could help me find my missing chats. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for any help you are able to give me.

With warmest aloha,
Nick

2 Likes

First thanks for noting that you did try the bot and did try to find an answer.

I just answered a similar question so will point you to that reply but the only thing listed there that might help you is to look for an email from OpenAI for the email account associated with the OpenAI account.

2 Likes

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for responding to me, Eric!!

I haven’t looked at the link you gave me yet, but I wanted to let you know I was able to locate my chat history in a round about way. I went into my browser History (Chrome) and clicked ChatGPT from one week ago. ChatGPT opened up and there was my chat thread. I have no idea why it doesn’t show up when I log into Chat.OpenAI and login … strange.

Anyway, I’m hoping that I can just click a link from my browser History whenever I need to get my chat history to show up.

Thanks again for all your help, Eric! You are greatly appreciated!! :slight_smile:

With warmest aloha,
Nick

1 Like

You are welcome and thanks for the reply, we don’t often get such.

In case you have not seen

How do I export my ChatGPT history and data?

My pleasure, Eric.

It’s the least I could do after you taking the time to help me.

Thank you so much for the useful link to export/download my history and data!

With warmest aloha,
Nick

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.