ChatGPT Business Premium hitting usage limit with ~93% remaining — anyone else?

I recently upgraded a ChatGPT Business workspace and assigned my account a Premium seat ($125/month).

I’m now repeatedly getting:

“You’ve hit your usage limit. Review your workspace’s usage settings to continue.”

The strange part is that my usage page still shows approximately 93% remaining.

I’ve already verified:

  • My user is explicitly assigned the Premium seat
  • I’m the workspace Owner
  • Premium monthly usage limit: None
  • Per-user override: Not set
  • Workspace credits are still available
  • The problem also occurs in the web browser, so it isn’t limited to the desktop app

Support has escalated the issue to a specialist, but I’m trying to determine whether this is affecting other Business Premium users.

The behavior feels like a legacy/Standard 5-hour usage limit may still be getting enforced against the account even though the seat is Premium.

Has anyone else with a Business Premium seat experienced this?

In particular:

  • Did the block clear after roughly five hours?
  • Does your usage dashboard still show substantial usage remaining when blocked?
  • Did support identify a stale entitlement or legacy usage limit?
  • Did you find any workaround that did not involve buying more credits or changing seats?

I’ll update this thread if support provides a technical explanation.

You could reply:

Hey, did you ever get an update from support or a technical explanation for this? I’m experiencing what seems to be the same issue with Work usage limits, so I’d be very interested to hear what they told you.