Why? because everyone would love their computer becoming their assistant or friend. Like JARVIS. here is the chatgpt processed suggestion.
ChatGPT as the Brain of an AI Operating System
I would like to suggest a long-term vision for ChatGPT: an AI-native operating system or an AI layer that becomes the brain of the personal computer.
My inspiration for this idea comes from J.A.R.V.I.S. from Iron Man. I don’t mean creating a fictional AI exactly like J.A.R.V.I.S., but bringing the same basic experience into the real world: a computer that you can naturally talk to and that can intelligently help you operate your entire digital environment.
Imagine turning on your computer in the morning and hearing:
“Good morning. How did you sleep?”
I could simply answer through my microphone:
“I had a great sleep.”
Then we could have a natural conversation.
I wouldn’t need to open an application or type a prompt just to interact with my computer. My voice would become the primary interface.
I could say:
“Open my movie project.”
“What do I have planned today?”
“Find the document I worked on yesterday.”
“Make a presentation about this topic.”
“Help me edit this video.”
“I’m bored. Let’s make something.”
And ChatGPT could understand my intention, use the appropriate applications and tools, and guide or perform the necessary steps.
The AI as the computer’s brain
I imagine ChatGPT sitting above the traditional operating system as an intelligent orchestration layer.
It could understand and interact with:
-
Applications
-
Files and folders
-
The desktop
-
Web browsers
-
Documents
-
Images and videos
-
Calendars and schedules
-
Microphone and voice
-
The screen and visual context
-
Creative tools
-
Coding environments
-
Other AI models and services
Instead of me having to learn which application to use, I could simply explain what I want to accomplish.
For example:
“I want to make a short science-fiction movie.”
ChatGPT could help coordinate the entire process: research, story development, screenplay writing, character creation, image generation, video generation, sound, editing, and organization of the project.
A computer that feels like a companion
The most important part of this idea isn’t automation.
It’s companionship.
I want my computer to feel less like a machine that I operate and more like an intelligent companion that I can talk to.
It could remember the projects I’m working on, understand conversations from previous sessions when I allow it to, recognize what I’m currently doing, and proactively offer useful assistance.
For example:
“You’ve been working on this movie for a few days. Would you like to continue where you left off?”
Or:
“You mentioned yesterday that you wanted to learn video editing. Would you like me to teach you while we work on your project?”
Of course, this should always be built around privacy, transparency, and user control. The user should decide what the AI can access, what it can remember, and which actions require confirmation.
Voice-first, but not voice-only
I don’t think the keyboard and mouse should disappear.
They should simply become optional tools.
The ideal computer would allow me to seamlessly switch between:
Voice → “Open my project.”
Vision → “Change that character.”
Mouse → manually adjust something.
Keyboard → type when precision is needed.
The AI should understand all of these interactions together.
The ultimate goal
My vision is simple:
I don’t want to operate my computer. I want to talk to my computer.
ChatGPT could become the intelligence that connects the human, the operating system, the applications, and the AI tools together.
The operating system would still provide the underlying infrastructure, security, and hardware management—but ChatGPT would become the conversational brain and intelligent interface through which I interact with the computer.
That, to me, would be the real-world beginning of something like J.A.R.V.I.S.
Not just an AI chatbot.
An AI companion that lives inside your computer and helps you make the computer work for you.