ChatGPT API Waitlist, by OpenAI

Can’t wait! Really want to use it to create SQL queries from a schema. I’ve found Codex and Davinci to be lacking, but ChatGPT does it no problem.

1 Like

ChatGPT Plus is the only offering we currently have available beyond free.

Just flagged to our legal team, thanks!

1 Like

Hey LoganKilpatrick!
Any updates on when you anticipate rolling out the chatGPT api? We have already integrated GPT3 and Dalle into our tech stack and would love a chance at doing this with chatGPT!

Much appreciate all of your hard work! You guys are writing history!

2 Likes

I would like to use this APIs for the adventure too. Especially want to know which exact domain it can help people with trust.

1 Like

Ok, I’m really excited for the ChatGPT API and… I have some questions about the true diff between text-davinci-003 and ChatGPT. So chatgpt is a sort of a finetunned version using text-davinci-003 as base model or something else? like from some misterious and advanced base model? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hello, usually how long we have to wait till we get granted?

I have not heard of anyone who, at this point in time, has been given access to the ChatGPT API; including regular members here.

My guess is that OpenAI is currently rigorously testing because they do not want to release a ChatGPT API and be bombarded with hate mail when it is “not perfect”.

But I could be totally wrong, as I have no idea … just a wide guess.

:slight_smile:

Hi @logankilpatrick,

Do you have any updates on the release of the API? Are we talking 6 more months? 3 months? 1 month? The reason I’m asking is that there are a lot of developers (including us) implementing additional features on top of GPT-3 that ChatGPT has already solved. It would be great to know an estimate of when the API will be released so we can allocate our resources, time, and funds appropriately.

Thank you,
Chris

5 Likes

Hi,

I have received an email saying that now I have the access to GPT-4.

I don’t have ChatGPT Plus so how do I know that model is available to me?

When I signed in to Playground and select Chat, I can see the GPT-4 model.

However if I update the code in API to GPT-4, it says this model cannot be found.
But if I use gpt-4-0314, it seems responding.

Is there any trick to this?

Cheers,

We had an issue at first because we’re pointing at the GPT3/text-davinci-003 completions endpoint but sending GPT4 message bodies. I think we got an error message like yours.

When using the GPT4 model we use “gpt-4” as the param for “model” in the request and the “https://api.openai.com/v1/chat/completions” endpoint.

I received an email about getting access to GPT4 APIs but when I try to do something in playground, nothing works! Also in my usage I see that the credit has expired (it’s just been 3 days I received the email)! Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you are using the right mode, you need to be in Chat mode: OpenAI API, and signed into the right email. The credits on your account expire 3 months after creating an account.

Let me know if you are still running into this issue. My guess would be that you need to pass the OrgID in a header so that the API knows the account you are sending the request from has access to GPT-4.

4 Likes