Chat gpt does work on Huawei devices

Hello open ai devs, chat gpt is not working on my Huawei device,the model i am using is an Huawei p40 lite,
and i installed a third party app like gspace that is on the app galery were it will allow me to download and use google apps,and sadly chat gpt is not working,i can install the app, but it doesn’t launch the main screen, after i login it appears an error…
Generally all Huawei devices do not have google services, we are rellying on third party apps to use them like Gspace or microG…
Is there a way to fix this? Maybe launching a version of chat gpt without google services but we still being able to login with our google data, and the voice features need to be included to!!
App galery is the main store of all Huawei ecosystem were we can download apps,since we don’t have play store…

2 Likes

Hi @RichardPinewood :wave:

Welcome :people_hugging: to the community!

I am not a dev on OpenAI, but your question is interesting.

If I am not wrong I remember, Huawei devices released after the U.S. ban, including the P40 Lite, lack access to Google’s proprietary services like Google Play and Google Mobile Services (GMS). This means that apps requiring Google frameworks can run into problems, which might be why ChatGPT doesn’t launch correctly on your phone. Even though Gspace helps emulate Google services to some degree, it’s not perfect and doesn’t always provide full compatibility.

Also, there are some unsupported countries for ChatGPT or API. If you use VPN by connecting unsupported countries, Idk. Please read the FAQ questions.

If you use from unsupported country may result in your account being blocked or suspended.

I hope it is not the reason and can be solved your problem.

1 Like

Well, I am from portugal soo I was checking the list and it shouldn’t be a problem about these restrictions because it appears on the supported list… The good thing is that i am going to buy a samsung around christmas,and i won’t need to worry about it…But there are people that like to use smartphones without google services and its kinda boring that we can’t use the app, just the web version :skull:

1 Like