Assistants - Sometimes can't retrieve informations in a file

Hi everyone, I’ve created an application that uses an assistant to respond to user requests. I am using the ‘file-search’ tool to retrieve the requested information in an uploaded docx file. The overall experience is good, but I’m facing two main problems:

• Sometimes it happens that the same query is answered correctly by the assistant most of the time, other times it has no information about that query at all, using different threads;

• Sometimes it happens that after a few correct answers the assistant fails to answer any question, saying that it cannot find any information, but after a restart of the application it starts answering correctly.

I’ve checked whether the problem may be caused to the assistant not being connected, but the answers I receive, in which it does not find the information, are exactly what I have instructed the assistant to provide in such cases.

The document provided is formatted in very simple way by subdivide the topics in small paragraph with a title that explain the context.

Are these file “disconnection” could be caused from something in specific? What can I do to avoid these issues?

What do you mean by this?

When I start the application I get the list of available assistants and try to retrieve the one I need to start a new thread. In the past I have seen that sometimes I could not retrieve the assistant and a new thread was started with an ‘empty’ assistant. In fact, I used to find empty assistants in the dashboard.