App Store logo mangled after submission

Hello,

I submitted and published app asdk_app_6a2030e52eb88191ad6a81fca66bed46 and it appears that the app store listing has since lost its logo.

I can see on the listing that it makes a request to:

https://chatgpt.com/backend-api/aip/connectors/asdk_app_6a2030e52eb88191ad6a81fca66bed46/logo?theme=light&v=2

That returns a 404 response json response:

{"detail":"Logo not found"}

In the POST response for the app I can see the following logo and icon links:

...
"logo_url": "connectors://asdk_app_6a2030e52eb88191ad6a81fca66bed46",
"logo_url_dark": null,
"icon_assets": {
  "256_square": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000bf1871f58239a03fa0c834c7&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=32572800&ts=0&p=pi&cid=1&sig=e97fc7dce1fcddec584df4df86a9f39bb74bd988ab1a2b718fd8975cab462b21&v=0"
},
...

Looking at other responses for other apps published in the store, they have file URLs and more entries than we have in the above response:

"logo_url": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000a65871f78b00bc8f8d3054b8&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=32659200&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=b129cc5a39547ceff46159108c992614669d71c108204d10ac72048dd2f8cbee&v=0",
"logo_url_dark": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000a8c871f7a2fddde2fa324ba7&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=30931200&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=9dddf8f2a4ec9962d13382ac20593cffd21e9e9d4bab30e09da0ecd9e8cb702d&v=0",
"icon_assets": {
"256_circle": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000a65871f78b00bc8f8d3054b8&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=32659200&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=b129cc5a39547ceff46159108c992614669d71c108204d10ac72048dd2f8cbee&v=0",
"256_square": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000026471f7b1f5b50b97dfa900&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=32659200&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=8e6c86f5e25f9c928f89fae299c993316399839fd912e5ecc6143f2d80eba37f&v=0"
},
"icon_dark_assets": {
"256_circle": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000a8c871f7a2fddde2fa324ba7&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=30931200&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=9dddf8f2a4ec9962d13382ac20593cffd21e9e9d4bab30e09da0ecd9e8cb702d&v=0",
"256_square": "https://files.openai.com/content?id=file_00000000e53871f7848f37325af51e4c&cdn=1&cp=pi&ma=31449600&ts=0&p=pi&cid=8&sig=b46f6f2252a21ffbf5ed0d0c7a591b8fe0e87e1c4db1dc89216f75186ecbe3eb&v=0"
},

But looking at the app submission, I’ve provided the logo as a 256x256 png as requested.

Is this something that I can fix on my end? Looking at the submission form, I provided the icon as required so I am at a loss.

Hi @msandersfresha,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Having the logo disappear after publication is confusing.

The logo_url_dark and 256_circle fields are optional, so their absence shouldn’t prevent the logo from displaying. A publishing-side asset issue is one possibility for the Logo not found response.

Have you been able to get the logo displaying since your original post? If not, have you tried resubmitting the logo? The current update guide covers downloading the release ZIP, updating the logo asset and package version, then uploading it to the same listing for review and publication.

If the logo is still missing, add this thread’s link and a screenshot to your existing private Support request. If you haven’t opened one, use the chat bubble at the bottom-right of the Help Center. You can also reach out to your OpenAI partner contact with this issue and the thread’s link.

~ Ankit