API calls for model gpt-4 receive responses from model gpt-4-0314

Going through my billing info today, I realized that every api call I’ve made for gpt-4 has been responded to with content generated with the gpt-4-0314 model. I found a couple of threads where it appears something similar has happened to others as well, but none of them reached any sort of resolution. Has any encountered and been able to resolve this particular issue?

Welcome to the OpenAI community @frcadwaladyr

gpt-4 is just the model name that points to the latest gpt-4 model, which as of typing this is gpt-4-0314 released on 14th March.

Thanks for the welcome.

I’ve seen responses to that effect in some other threads, but openai’s site states that 0314 is only a snapshot that’s only going to be available until 16 JUN.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7127966-what-is-the-difference-between-the-gpt-4-models

" Secondly, gpt-4 will refer to our most up-to-date model (and gpt-4-32k for the latest 32k-context model). If you’re interested in using a previous snapshot of the model, you can refer to the specific date in the model name, such as gpt-4-0314 or gpt-4-32k-0314 . The March 14th snapshot will be available until June 14th."

They’re distinguished as different models both in the Playground and in the api model list:

{
“id”: “gpt-4-0314”,
“object”: “model”,
“created”: 1678604601,
“owned_by”: “openai”,
“permission”: [
{
“id”: “modelperm-YfmVdFL8vQFHmQ5mY1FFJoYY”,
“object”: “model_permission”,
“created”: 1685661658,
“allow_create_engine”: false,
“allow_sampling”: false,