All previous ChatGPT history gone?

Same. History is not working. When will it be fixed?

How long did it take to come back last time? Just enquiring.

2 Likes

Some people are saying they can retrieve chats via browser history, but this isn’t working for me. Anyone esle having this problem??

1 Like

We want the history back please, OpenAI.

1 Like

Yep… Same for me. I hope it’s fixed soon!

yes, I can’t retrieve chats via browser history too. It doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

yeah same here ):
hopefully it will be fixed soon

same here! i was freaking out and i’m happy it’s not just me this is happening to. I will def. start backing my conversations up. hope the history gets restored!!! :pray:

1 Like

genius, i should had figured, thanks for curing our panic.

ChatGPT: I’m afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it.

1 Like

Yeah, it is all still there, in each chat (accessible by opening each specific chat via the browser history). It just isn’t appearing in the logged chats down the side…so the data is still there. Hopefully they can fix it, in the mean time…anyone got any suggestions for backing up data more easily? An app or addon perhaps?

How is there a link to the previous chat? I thought the URL of the page always stays on “https://chat.openai.com/chat” , even if you have navigated to one of the historical chat.

Open the chat from history, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V into your personal Onenote or Notepad, pretty raw data dump but better than not having a backup copy.

Been adding them to my Google Docs…just be good to have an ‘export’ option even if it is third party.

This is literally untrue. The chat history was saved so that you could access it on your desktop and mobile web browsers.

2 Likes

i tried that right now the history thing and it comes up as blank. i tried to get it look up random stuff but it doesnt save the chat history.

1 Like

I am sorry for you @TzuyuForever.

As we all blindly rely on our beloved AI during this period of unstable beta mode, we have all adapted our workflows to include it as if it were as reliable as electricity, water, or the internet in a first-world country. Although I am lucky enough to live in a city where I haven’t experienced a lack of electricity, many people in my country and region have been affected in the past months and years.

The reliability of ChatGPT is a concern and even though some people are there to remind us how we are crazy to be such a bunch of early adopters, it’s hard not to rely on it. I understand that OpenAI is making efforts to provide the best service possible, but it is far from perfect. We could choose to stop using the service because of its unreliability, but it’s difficult to do so because we have grown to depend on it.

What frustrates me the most is the lack of communication from OpenAI. I don’t blame them for anything else, as I have no idea if they could make their AI more robust, reliable and resilient. But it’s clear that there is a lack of communication and transparency from OpenAI, and this should be our main focus if we have any complaints. OpenAI calls itself Open AI, implying that they should be interested in communicating with their users. Despite the need to keep their AI models competitive, and keep their trade secrets close to their chest they should still prioritize transparency and communication with their users both paid and regular. :confused:

2 Likes

I am also worried. My chat history vanished. May be , they store it in a server, they did not pay up

I have a paid account. Mine is also missing.

1 Like

How long did it take to come back last time? Just enquiring. (2)

1 Like