Account Deactivated Without Cause. Please Assist

“Hello, OpenAI. I am a Plus user, and I recently encountered an issue with my account. When I tried to log in, I received a prompt stating, ‘Oops! You do not have an account because it has been deleted or deactivated. If you believe this was an error, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com 17.’ However, I couldn’t find any helpful information in the help center. I am confident that I have not violated any policies or regulations, including the relevant usage rules. ChatGPT has been instrumental in my personal development. It’s a bit perplexing that my account was deleted while OpenAI is promoting AI’s positive impact. Could you please assist me in recovering my account? If I inadvertently used any sensitive words during my interactions with GPT-4, I would appreciate knowing that as well. Understanding the reason behind the account deactivation is crucial to me. I promise to strictly abide by the rules moving forward. Thank you for your attention, and I hope you all have a great day.”

2 Likes

Same here, I Hope OpenAI can provide more information related to the deactivation of the ChatGPT Plus user

1 Like

Any suggestions for this? I encountered the same issue here.

The same. No idea why my account was deactivated. I try to contact support for details but probably they will ignore any messages.

I get the feeling that there is no logic to bans, no appeal, no recourse. Just a random bunch of people getting vanished without warning. I love the product but this side of it stinks. :frowning:

The same. My paid account was deactivated with all the developments and messages. I didn’t get any explanation, no message. I wrote wherever possible. How? Why??

No response after 2 weeks
I wrote:
on Twitter
help.openai
community.open ai
support@open ai

OpenAI support is abysmal. This forum offers no support and if you use their help link and try to start a chat with them you simply do not get any replies to messages you send them. I have sent a half dozen requests for help, from 2 different accounts, ranging in time from 15 weeks ago to 1 week ago, and have yet to receive a single reply. You’re never going to get an answer.