Account Banned and Funds Frozen Without Explanation - A Betrayal of a Longtime Heavy User

As a long-time heavy user of OpenAI’s services who registered over a year ago, I’m appalled that they banned my account and froze my funds just days after my recent deposit for API access, providing no justification.

Despite being a paying GPT Plus subscriber, my inquiries to their support over the past month have largely gone ignored. The few replies were dismissive, showing zero attempt to resolve this.

I’m now reaching out hoping OpenAI will finally:

1. Provide a formal explanation for this unwarranted account ban

2. Allow me to appeal through a fair process

3. Reinstate my account and access to deposited funds

As a compliant long-term user, I’m willing to cooperate by providing any information needed. However, their lack of transparency and my inability to access paid services/funds is unacceptable treatment of a loyal customer.

I seek assistance from the community in getting a reasonable resolution. My history with OpenAI warrants better than having funds basically stolen without recourse. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

This isn’t the correct venue to reach the OpenAI support team.

Here’s guidelines directly from help.openai.com:

There are two ways to contact our support team, depending on whether you have an account with us.

If you already have an account, simply login and use the “Help” button to start a conversation.

If you don’t have an account or can’t login, you can still reach us by selecting the chat bubble icon in the bottom right of help.openai.com.

1 Like

I’ve tried to reach OpenAI support team through help.openai.com for 2 weeks and there’s no reply.
Does the support team even exist?

3 Likes