A classic Tetris game created with Codex

This is quite impressive – with correct prompting we can get compact yet functional apps!

Prompt:

#Define a python function which is a very compact tetris game.
#Display playing field using pygame library.

import pygame

All the playground parameters are default.
P.S. Sorry for the frequent posting, but this technology is amazing! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

19 Likes

I’ll just add this 3D cube animation – which, of course, the Codex helped to write.
Also, I know nothing about coding 3D graphics, so this one took a while to generate.

gpt_3D_cube

11 Likes

I believe it was George Hotz who said, at an interview with Lex Fridman, that – neural network is compression. Source: Youtube
Having written a MLP from scratch, and researched the whole training process and data shebang – I agree on that.
Neural nets compress not only huge amounts of data but also semantics, context and many other relations between small and large scopes.

1 Like

I was wondering if there’s any codex plugin for VS code just yet?!

Also a quick gameplay GIF animation (looping):

gpt_tetris02

3 Likes

trying to do the same in javascript without succes

2 Likes

@cristi There is, it’s called Copilot

it’s not the same thing. Read the Codex release paper and you will see.

1 Like

WOW! What was the prompt for this? Did you use Open AI Playground DaVinci?

1 Like

…
I hope to get access to this OpenAI to build a better 3D Tetris like BlockOut or BlockOut2.
If anyone want to try it please let me know the result.

MagI
…

1 Like

Using Codex model in Playground.
The prompt is:

#Define a python function which is a very compact tetris game.
#Display playing field using pygame library.

import pygame

Parameters are the default parameters in Playground. Temperature: 0.7 (or less if results too random). Check out the github code, all the parameters are there too.

2 Likes

Thx. I was referring to prompt for the 3D animated cube you made.

2 Likes

Is it possible to have Codex add music/sound to the project? It would be neat to have the original Tetris music playing in the background.

1 Like

I will make a post about the prompt for the 3D cube. There are some interesting aspects to the single-shot approach for this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, that is doable with a single line of code – can add it manually to the generated output. It could be a simple midi from a web link.

2 Likes

Or, in the spirit of generating tributes to a game, one could use an open source remix of the original tune… I’m just brainstorming here, this is not a goal I would pursue.

1 Like

Hey @vertinski, this is great! What response length did you set for this?

Look forward to seeing this!

1 Like

Following … :mag_right: :star_struck: that’s really interesting

This is really amazing. Thanks for your ideas and posting this!!