Chat GPT memory needs a feature added for novel writers

I would like to make a suggestion concerning the memory in ChatGpt 4.
Please create it so that once the memory is full, you can copy all of the text that’s in the memory, then paste and save it elsewhere. That way, when you go back to clear the memory you don’t have the extra worry / concern that you’ll lose key information that the program has helped brainstorm.
As a writer, I’ve found that chatgpt is an extremely helpful tool for when I need help brainstorming and connecting my scenes. However, now that the memory is full, I’m in a quandary.

I was thinking of something similar and when I saw this, I figured I would just post it here rather than making a new topic.

Counter Suggestion: Memory Profiles!

Allow us a quick and easy dropdown to select between separate memory profiles where anything we add to memory while using that profile is amended to that profile.

This way whether you are a programmer, writer, or a typical human who might use it for different things, you can have multiple memory profiles that suit what you are using the model for at the time rather than attempting to make one giant memory profile which may have things that conflict with only some of your usage.

This would allow us to have a sort of usage/context fine-tuning.

Hello, and welcome!

I use ChatGPT for all sorts of writing projects, specifically CustomGPTs.

They won’t save “memories” automatically—but all those memories actually are, are keyword phrases the model thinks are significant while you are talking to it.

Simply do the same thing by copying and pasting the memories you want about your writing into the Custom Instructions for the GPT.

For me, the ‘memories’ didn’t work, they were created without my consent and at the wrong times, and for important matters, nothing was recorded. Moreover, the information in the memories was mostly ignored, despite me repeatedly pointing out to follow them.
I have now created several instructions under ‘My GPTs’ to better guide GPT. Even these are not always followed 100%, but they work much better than the memories.
To organize notes in a structured way, I use ‘Cherry Tree’, an open-source text software that allows for hierarchical structuring.