Wikipedia - What prompt use to ask a question to Chatgpt and take informations from wikipedia?

I would like for exemple to aks to ChatGPT to wrtie me the history of Microsoft. i would like that CHatGPT take information from wikipedia only from Microsoft - Wikipedia
How to ask this. Instead of use the wikipedia page chatGPT invents me the answers… :-
Thanks for your help!

You cant tell chatgpt to take information for a specific source. However, you might be able to do that with Bing search engine. I have not tried it but it looks like it searches for your term and then answers with gpt.

I think you can limit search results to a specific site in bing. But you may not have access to the chat part yet as it is being slowly rolled out (at last check)

1 Like

As @raymonddavey noted, ChatGPT has no external access to any resources, e.g. no internet connections, no access to databases, etc. ChatGPT can only draw upon the training data.

You might then try to copy the Wikipedia article into a ChatGPT conversation and ask (prompt) to only use that data but I would not trust any such reply (completion) as you can not be certain what if any part of the completion might be based on the training data or even an hallucination.

From the OpenAI documentation FAQ

ChatGPT is not connected to the internet, and it can occasionally produce incorrect answers. It has limited knowledge of world and events after 2021 and may also occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content.

2 Likes

I am on the bing page search now, but how to use the prompt as you described please? I always used chatGPT

Ture, but the article is too long to take it into consideration by chatGPT