Which ChatGPT api for translation?

Hi

I’m developing in PHP a real estate listings website in 7 languages ​​and I would like all property descriptions written by people selling real estate to be translated into the other 6 languages.
These languages are English, Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, German and Dutch.

I think that in the short term, I would need per month 300,000 tokens as input and 1,800,000 tokens as output.

For this type of translation, what do you recommend in terms of efficiency and cost between GPT-3.5 Turbo, GPT-4, GPT-4 Turbo ?

THANKS

I would recommend GPT-4 or GPT-4 turbo, though they may be slower and more expensive.
But sometimes 3.5-turbo is good enough.
You can pick random items to be translated with different models and compare them.

I am using this gpt-4-1106-preview for translation language because of based knowledge is april 2023

If you want performance and lower cost, I would recommend gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct, pretty solid on production.

1 Like

Is it possible to provide an example for language translation using gpt-4-1106-preview? Because using gpt3.5-turbo-instruct I can able to translate but when using gpt4 its showing its chat model