When will the DALLE2 experimental model be released on the API?

Hi all, I’ve been using the image generation API to build our app happily. However I’ve been seeing amazing results from the dalle experimental model these weeks and would love to integrate it into our app. With Bing Image Creator suspiciously using the experimental model, are we expecting the exp model available to OpenAI image generation APIs? Thank you!

6 Likes

Eagerly waiting here too. I want to hook it up to my existing toolset.

1 Like

Me too! Would be great to get a rough timeline. Dall-E 2 seems very out of date now when compared to the experimental version

1 Like

Following. I would love to have access to that. @logankilpatrick, buddy, pal, dev hero, any word on this? Thanks!

Same question. Why are we in the dark on this?

I don’t understand why someone can’t reply to any question on this? I’ve tweeted, FB, IG, etc. Even if they just said yes, the API will get the update when ready, or no, you’ll have to recode, or it will be four months, or how about, we’re not sure… Eventually DALLE will be so out of date when other models release APIs, but we’re all already invested here, so eagerly waiting on word.

1 Like

I am also hoping this is available soon. I have a product that is complete and ready to release. I just need access to experimental model or full api release. Any timeline from openai would be very helpful.

1 Like

Other models are improving at an exponential rate. I am considering switching to Stablity-AI’s Stable Diffusion API because their model is far superior and more cost-effective than DALL-E 2.

This experimental version of DALL-E 2 would be a valuable upgrade to my application, and I would reconsider switching. However, I am deeply disappointed in OpenAI for not providing us with API access.

I had to switch to Stability also, the DALL-E we currently have access to isn’t that good, users in my platform were disappointed with the images it was generated which is why I integrated Stable Diffusion instead, it will be hard to compete against midjourney or even SD but still would be nice to have access to better image generation with our API key

Yep, really don’t want to have to recode my entire site just because Open AI is completely ignoring us. Ugh. Come on! Microsoft Bing is already using it…and we’re stuck behind? Please!