Whats up with the 100 uses per day on 1106-preview?

20 RPM, 100 RPD

Does anyone have any information on when this will be higher? I am excited to use it but can’t get much out of it

3 Likes

It is a preview model - production model likely won’t have this kind of rate limit

GPT-4 Turbo is available for all paying developers to try by passing gpt-4-1106-preview in the API and we plan to release the stable production-ready model in the coming weeks.

1 Like
Model Tokens per minute Request and other limits
Chat
gpt-4 80,000 TPM 5,000 RPM
gpt-4-0314 80,000 TPM 5,000 RPM
gpt-4-0613 80,000 TPM 5,000 RPM
gpt-4-1106-preview 40,000 TPM 20 RPM, 100 RPD
gpt-4-vision-preview 40,000 TPM 20 RPM, 100 RPD

I thought I was going to have to say “don’t use a free trial account” or something but it looks like we are all in free trial tiers (but without the free).

Don’t switch your apps yet (also qualify your app first)!

This is messed up. I’m not even closet 100 RPD with 1106 and I get constantly blocked. Very frustrating when I need to present a real case scenario via API. This limit is way too low at the moment. Is there a way to “pay” to “play”?

First you should look at the error. If are getting rate-limited on the tokens per minute, and you’ve got “tier 1” in your limits page, then that’s just 10000 tokens per minute, a few requests with a lot of chat history (but you should also manage chat history wiser). Leveling up will double that rate when you buy more credits to put your purchasing above a threshold, but then you also have to look at the per-day now.

Then just detect the denial and switch to normal GPT-4 for the rest of the minute.