What is wrong? HTTPSConnectionPool (host='api.openai.com', port=443)

2 hours ago,it works,but now,it can not work. Is server dump?
Anyone else meet this situation?

thanks all

2 Likes

I am meeting the same problem as you described, and the full error information indicates that I have problem reach ‘api.open.com’. The full error information is :openai.error.APIConnectionError: Error communicating with OpenAI: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.openai.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/chat/completions (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbc2cb3c100>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable’))

1 Like

I got same problem. Seems like the server is unreachable somehow.

I came across the same problem, and I changed api, but it still can’t work.
Is openai blocked my IP???

The error message is “Remote host closed connection during handshake”,Is it because of the region? Is it related to vpn

I encountered this error, is there a problem with their server? : java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host (Host unreachable)

I have the same problem…
I used VPN and changed my APIKEY, but it still dosent work.

Mar 2, 2023

Partial Outage of the API

Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Mar 2, 16:08 PST

Identified - We are continuing to investigate issues with the Moderations and DALL·E API.
Mar 2, 13:17 PST

Investigating - We are currently investigating this issue.

Is it caused by this??

what’s difference between “”“Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000000000A8BC580>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] 由于连接方在一段时间后没有正确答复或连接的主机没有反应,连接尝试失败。’))”“” and “”“Caused by SSLError(“Can’t connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.”)”“” ?

1 Like

You need a proxy object when you send the request。
see: chatgpt-java/OpenAiClientTest.java at main · Grt1228/chatgpt-java · GitHub

1 Like

openai.error.APIConnectionError: Error communicating with OpenAI: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.openai.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/chat/completions (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000001D9FE8D4648>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] 由于连接方在一段时间后没有正确答复或连接的主机没有反应,连接尝试失败。’))

————————————————————————

同病相怜,可能就是不让中国地区的用户使用,用代理也不行,不用代理是“ 无法访问此网站”api.openai.com,用代理是返回:
{
“error”: {
“message”: “Invalid URL (GET /)”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: null
}
}

Try a different account ,i fix it with another account

Same problem:
openai.error.APIConnectionError: Error communicating with OpenAI: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.openai.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/engines/davinci/completions (Caused by ProxyError(‘Cannot connect to proxy.’, OSError(0, ‘Error’)))

Process finished with exit code 1

I am still meeting the same problem. I tried another account and went back urllib3 to 1.25.11 version.

import openai
import os

openai.api_key = “MY API TOKEN”
os.environ[‘ALL_PROXY’]=‘http://127.0.0.1:10809
completion = openai.Completion.create(
model=“gpt-3.5-turbo”,
messages=[
{“role”: “user”, “content”: “Tell the world about the ChatGPT API in the style of a pirate.”}
]
)
Still got the issue, any body help?

1 Like

same problem,is another account can fix it?

I have encountered the same problem, and I hope you can give me an answer.

我用shadowsocks,一模一样的问题。用gpt自己的interface没啥问题。再这样下去,要换google的claude 试试了

I am also facing the same issue. Did anyone find a solution to this?

1 Like