We ran into an issue while signing you in, please take a break and try again soon. - ChatGPT Plus member

Im getting the same error. I was in the middle of using it and then I kept getting a Error in Moderator and then logged out and tried logging back in and I can’t. I have pro this is disappointing.

2 Likes

Same issue. I’ve been getting error messages since yesterday.

It looks like a capacity issue and I have a paid account like the rest of you.

I wouldn’t mind if OpenAI would use an honest error message and say: “Hey, we’re having capacity issues. Our humblest apologies. We are working to fix the problem very soon. Please try again in a few hours.”

But, the current error message makes it sound like it is MY fault.

Come on, OpenAI, you got all of us excited about creating GPTs. You had to anticipate it would increase demand on the network with everyone wanting to try it out.

I was going to cancel my Claude2 account thinking I didn’t needed it anymore now that GPT-4 Turbo has an input capacity of “300 pages.” However, this seems a bit meaningless if you can’t access the model.

1 Like

Come on now.

I PAY for ChatGPT Plus, so I could login whenever I want to use the service. What’s the point of paying for ChatGPT Plus, if I can’t use it ?

I’m surprised and disappointed that people have been experiencing this error for MONTHS - nearly half a year - and it still has not been rectified.

I’m paying for a service that doesn’t work. So why should I continue to pay for it ?
Let’s try an analogy.

If I go into a hamburger shop and pay for a burger, I hand over the cash and the cashier tells me “sorry, we can’t give you a hamburger right now, we don’t know when we’ll be able to give you your hamburger either. And maybe you can come back in an hour, and we can give you a bite of your hamburger, then you give it back to us”, I would not go that hamburger shop again, and I’d certainly ask for my money back.

I think that’s a fair analogy.

Please sort it out ASAP. I rely on this service for work. I use it to help me make money, the same money I’m paying you guys. Without it, my work takes longer, and soon I won’t have enough money to keep paying you. So you’ll lose a customer, and you’ll probably lose thousands more, if this isn’t solved.

Solve it. You guys must be raking in money. We ChatGPT Plus customers pay to use the service. So provide it.
I’m saddened and frustrated by this, as are hundreds and hundreds of others. Just read the comments.
One more time - please fix this. This is unacceptable.

Oh, and:

Talk about misappropriation of resources. We can use the AI tool to summarise forum posts, but can’t actually query it ? Or see our old conversations ? Or use it for work ? Incredible. Not cool.

When I wasn’t paying for the service, it was OK to get a message that the servers are busy.But paying for it is just… well not OK. I feel like we should be refunded.

It’s incredible how much errors and outages there are with ChatGPT lately. This time, at least for me, yet another dreaded issue dropped to this pile:
“Oops!
We ran into an issue while signing you in, please take a break and try again soon.”

I mean, as a plus user I, like you, do not pay for this, we pay for a system that works - all the time.

I mean, I am a music composer and a teacher. I get payed for that. Now imagine that I makes multiple f-ups like OpenAI is currently making, with both ChatGPT and DALL-E 3. I would be out of jobs within 2 or 3 days.

Now, the/you guys at OpenAI seem to not care at all because you know there’s a demand/need for your software solution - which is really cool if it works properly.

But honestly, this move is completely unacceptable!!! I don’t know if we, the users, can collectively do about it in order to force you to allocate the funds towards addressing these issues soon!

(EDIT once I was in again it gave me this expected error message again. It really it completely frustrating how irregular the whole system works. I don’t know what they’re doing up there but they do not seem to be willing to fix this since I came across these error messages since the updated the entire thing to ChatGPT 4 Turbo. Fix it guys!!!)

There is no reason, even if servers are busy, that I don’t have access to my chat history. Absolutely unacceptable.

I’m still receiving this error on mac os… 2 days in a row so far. Porbably was the case before.

Same problem today. This is very disappointing

1 Like

Same here. app works but I cannot use in chrome, which is where I do all my work. :confused:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’ve been facing persistent issues throughout the day, encountering the message: ‘Oops! We ran into an issue while signing you in, please take a break and try again soon.’

I’ve taken all the recommended troubleshooting steps, including clearing cache and cookies, but the problem persists. Interestingly, the unpaid version of ChatGPT seems to be working fine for me, which makes this situation even more puzzling.

I’ve checked for service status updates, yet the issue remains unresolved. This experience has been incredibly disappointing and frustrating, especially considering the reliability I’ve come to expect from ChatGPT.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems recently? I’m hoping to gather some insights or advice from the community while I continue working to resolve this issue with the support team.

Your help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Chat GPT plus user since the start. “It seems that there’s a temporary issue with processing the request due to a high volume of requests. I will try again in a short while to merge the newly updated PDFs. Please hold on for a moment.”

They don’t care and instead flag your comments as being the “community”…

Well, I came here looking for a solution to my login trouble, but it looks like my issue is ongoing and shared by many… Our systems are a bit busy at the moment, please take a break and try again soon - blah, blah, blah.

Like most of you, I pay for a product that works and this just isn’t working lately. I think if I can ever get logged in I’m going to cancel and find somewhere else to AI. Too bad we don’t get money back for the days we haven’t been able to log in and use the software we pay for!