Valid CSV file and ERROR in read_any_format validator: does not appear to be in valid CSV format

I have a valid CSV file (columns: [‘ID’, ‘Completion’, ‘Prompt’]), but I’m getting "ERROR in read_any_format validator: does not appear to be in valid CSV format" while using

!openai tools fine_tunes.prepare_data -f {filename} -q

Do you have any suggestions?

Is it possible to share the CSV or does it contain sensitive info?

Facing similar issues, is there any solution. Tried saving multiple times… still same

I’m sorry for the late response. I’ve solved this issue. I opened the file in OpenOffice and exported it as a CSV again. That helped.

2 Likes

Got sorted, there was a special char in the data which caused the issue, Removed and uploaded. Works as expected.

If you use your own validator before you submit your fine-tuning you will not waste your valuable time pulling out your hair.

Hair is important, haha. You don’t want to go bald fine-tuning :laughing:

:slight_smile:

had this same problem; thought it might be special chars since my data had emojis, newlines, symbols, kanji, etc, but importing to a spreadsheet and resaving as a CSV fixed the issue.

1 Like

I ran into the same error. Re-exporting didn’t solve it for me. So I thought sharing my solution might help other people too.

I pasted the buggy CSV into this CSV-to-JSON-conversion online tool ( www. convertcsv. com/csv-to-json.htm ) and it indicated very quickly which lines were problematic.

After manually adding closing quotation marks and removing spaces preceding or trailing quotation marks the converter worked fine.