The server had an error processing your request. Using GPT-4o-mini

Using langchain, we perform a call against the GPT 4o-mini endpoint with vector similarity search

getting this error
The server had an error processing your request. Sorr y about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if you keep seeing this error. (Ple ase include the request ID req_432fa897dd1f6c67bfbd23d38b957518 i

It does sound like a general service failure at Open AI.

The strategy would simply be to catch those and retry them whenever they occur.

I use small discrete batch jobs to run every method that involves an LLM call and those have a retry number that ensures that if they fail, they automatically rerun until they succeed (which includes getting a valid response).

I have the same error when passing a tool response into the api again. Direct requests work well.

{ role: 'user', content: [ [Object], [Object] ] },
  {
    role: 'assistant',
    content: null,
    tool_calls: [ [Object] ],
    refusal: null
  },
  {
    role: 'tool',
    tool_call_id: 'call_RKiwqllNaFvAfEOA60aBbFL6',
    content: { type: 'image_url', image_url: [Object] }
  }
]
Error in addMessage: InternalServerError: 500 The server had an error processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if you keep seeing this error. (Please include the request ID req_614e6194fd3cb7f7a9b8a8696c3b8f4a in your email.)

And the content of the image_url object is { role: "tool", tool_call_id: toolCall.id, content: { type: "image_url", image_url: { url: imageUrl, detail: "low", }, }, }

I am not getting this error every query, but in some specific query

we have used chat history, similarity search, and basic instruction

here is my example prompt

[
{
role: ‘system’,
content: ''some content"
},
{
content: ''some content"
},
{
content: ‘CONTEXT:{context}\n’
},
{ role: ‘user’, content: ‘{question}.’ },
{ role: ‘assistant’, content: ‘{agent_scratchpad}’ }
]

not getting any response after API time out, The server had an error processing your request.