I want to share my opinion about the new ChatGPT voice experience.
The problem is not just that the voice itself sounds different. What I notice most is that the whole way of having a conversation has changed. Before, there was much more humor, warmth, continuity, and naturalness. It felt like there was a recognizable personality and a way of responding that made conversations feel genuinely fluid and personal.
Now the experience feels much colder, more rigid, and more generic. It honestly feels like I am talking to a completely different assistant. The responses seem more restrained, less spontaneous, and with much less personality. Even the rhythm and the way it reacts make the conversation feel more distant.
After using ChatGPT for a long time and getting used to a certain voice and style of interaction, this change feels far too abrupt. To me, this is not simply a voice update. It feels like an important part of what made Voice special has been lost.
I understand that products evolve, but I think users should have the option to keep or choose between the previous experience and the new one. Not every change feels like an improvement to everyone.
I really hope OpenAI takes this feedback into account and brings back an option with more personality, humor, naturalness, and warmth, closer to the previous voice experience. ![]()