Text 2 SQL - Schema too big to fit into completion API request

Hi! I am currently trying to transform my schema into a format that works well for davinci-002 and ask the model to translate Natural Language Requests to SQL queries. It works well for small database sizes but when I try to fit in my corporate DB structure, even the most dense format produces above 20k tokens (!) and there is no way i can reduce it much. Over time it will grow. That is the general format of my completion prompt:

### POSTGRES SQL tables, with their properties:

# table1 (column1.1, column1.2)
# table2 (column2.1, column2.2)

INPUT: give me all users
OUTPUT: SELECT * from users

So I have searched this forum for a solution but did not find anything yet. Somewhere someone stated that fine-tuning is not the way to go when training my model. Did anyone else try the same and succeeded?

Ideally I will tell OpenAI how my db looks like and on every completion request, I only send over the minimum amount of context needed: the actual user request

Cheers!

You can check NLSQL. com approach. They are doing it well with reliable approach, However, some prerequisites required such as first database structure emulation and providing business logic for KPIs calculations